“Surprise 40th Birthday Meal”
Review of Stables View

Stables View
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Dowlais
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Having been falsely informed by my husband that we were having a 'quiet meal' to celebrate by 40th birthday I was pleasantly surprised that a family meal had been arranged. We were given the back room for our own use for the evening which was very private. The tables had been decorated, along with a lovely log fire in the corner to snuggle by.

Declan and his staff could not do enough to please everyone. He even arranged a cake and sang happy birthday to me. Again, as always, he was very informative about the menu and accommodated everyone's needs. The food was delicious and plentiful. You never leave here feeling hungry.

I cannot fault this restaurant and the effort everyone went to for an enjoyable evening will be remembered for a long time to come.

5  Thank SusieMat2013

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was our first visit the this restaurant and the the meal was very good.
The staff really look after you and the service was excellent.
The only reason I'm not giving 5* is the my Wife's meal was a little cold, maybe we should have said something but all in all we really enjoyed the night.

5  Thank caegarw
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We regularly eat at The Stables as it is one of our favourite restaurants. We have been here many times and have always had a first class meal. The service and value for money is excellent. Declan and his staff will look after you well.

5  Thank AllysonHand
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We went for a family Christmas Lunch at the Stables , fabulous atmosphere and excellent service. We had great choice of meals including vegetarians. No rushing courses , we ate at a leisurely pace with nicely spaced courses.

Cost was very reasonable , highly recommend :)
You will need to book in advance though.

7  Thank Bev-Wade
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Having been to this restaurant on previous occasions were decided to eat out for Christmas Day lunch for the very first time and we were not disappointed by any means. Upon arrival we were greeted by Declan and seated immediately. We were given drinks straight away and started to sing along to the Christmas songs which were playing, so a very nice atmosphere.
The food!! well what can I say. We were waited on by extremely polite and efficient staff who brought us every course with a smile. To begin with we were given mini chicken skewer's followed by our starter. The potato and leek soup was home made and warm, served with lovely pieces of bread. My husband had the pork and black pudding for his starter and even though a little apprehensive about ordering this, he totally enjoyed it. We all had turkey for the main course and found it difficult to find the room to eat it all. The turkey was falling apart and there was a vast amount of potatoes and veg!! To be honest I couldn't find fault with any of it and we all commented on how delicious the meal was from start to end. We were left to decide when we wanted our dessert and were told just to ask for it when we were ready. My mother and husband both had the Christmas pudding where Declan brought his brandy to the table and lit it for them. Nice touch! We finished off with tea/coffee and a selection of cheeses and sat back with very full bellies.

It was a very relaxing afternoon within pleasant surroundings and not feeling you had to want for anything. Our experience of Christmas lunch has made us wanting to return next year. Declan puts a lot of effort into making you feel a valued customer and his staff are a credit to him. Also I think a mention for the Chef/s, whoever you are, well done on a superb meal.

5  Thank SusieMat2013