Well this trip was a quick getaway from the crazy carnival long-weekend in Trinidad. My 3 friends and I opted to stay in town since we weren't renting a car. Two of them had stayed there last year and convinced me that it was value for money. We were literally a few steps away from the town. The taxi stand is like a 2 minute walk which made our commute very easy. Vendors were outside the building selling their goods. Anything from local produce to handcrafted souvenirs. There are two restaurants at the hotel. One upstairs where we had breakfast only.(nothing spectacular) and the other Basil's was where we had lunch and dinner. Food was good but a little expensive. We also ate at Aggie's on the hill which is about a 15min. walk from Cobblstone. Great local dishes at an even greater price. In house service was good. Anything we wanted they pretty much gave to me and my other friends who are like 'divas'...lol. Our last nite there we invited a few friends over and had wine n cheese on the rooftop deck, under the stars.
Not much nite time activities. During the day you can visit the Grenadines. We saw Young Island which is in Villa bout a 15min drive and you just hop the really small ferry for free. Beautiful resort to grab drinks and food at the bar for a day out. Oh and you have to visit Dark View waterfall in Richmond. Its a bout 1hr drive from the Kingstown but you get great views along the way. We saw where Pirate's of the Caribbean was filmed so I know you don't want to miss that. It's like a little museum where you will find clothes that was used in the film along with pictures of the entire cast. On the other side of the island(winwards) we drove all the way to Owia where there is a Salt water pond. On a clear day you can even see the island of St. Lucia. We didn't have time to visit the volcano on this trip so that means we will have to go back...lol.
Hope this was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a warm welcome, pleasant ambiance and convenient facilities for business and leisure travelers, the Cobblestone Inn is the ideal accommodation in Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.ABOUTThe Cobblestone Inn has been recreated in its original Georgian splendor by the skilled craftsmen on St. Vincent, using the same materials as were originally available. Built as a sugar warehouse and lately used for arrowroot, the building dates back to1814.Ideally situated, the hotel boasts the perfect location for all travelers. Located in the heart of the Kingstown business district the hotel is fifteen minutes from the airport, fifteen minutes to the beach and is surrounded by shopping, open markets, businesses, entertainment and restaurants. The hotel is close to access points for easy access to tourist attractions in the city as well as ports to visit neighboring islands including world famous Mustique Island.ROOMSThe hotel’s plentiful list of amenities ensures your stay meets your every desire and expectation. With eclectic and elegant guestrooms maintaining the hotel’s original Georgian splendor your experience is enhanced with detailed and attentive service and complimentary wifi.RESTAURANTYou’ll find the very best in Caribbean and Continental Cuisine at our Roof-Top Bar and Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Cobblestone Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cobblestone Hotel Kingstown
- Cobblestone Hotel Kingstown
- The Cobblestone Inn St. Vincent/Kingstown