“Amazing budget stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingstown
Tranquillity Beach Apartment Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Kingstown B&B and Inns
Malmo, Sweden
“Amazing budget stay”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Situated on a great quiet bech mostly visited by locals is this great budget hotel. Interiors etc are not new but there is lots of space and amazing views from every room. This is nothing for people looking for a big hotel complex with a grand pool but something fo the ones who like a small personal place to stay. The owner Lucille is one of the kindest people we met on our caribbean holiday. She really looked after us and helped us out in every way. Drove us to the supermarket, showed us things around the island and helped us with other bookings etc. Tranquillity is a great name for this place and I really recommend it.

Room Tip: They are all about equal I think, choose the size you want.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bookydarling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We spent a few days at Tranquility and we loved it. The rooms were simple, but had everything we needed. Lucelle was an amazing host and took us for tours around the island (and then was shocked when we offered her money for fuel). She is such a lovely lady and she went out of her way to accommodate us and help us out. It's something special when you can give a big hug to your host as you leave! It's something that you don't get in all-inclusive resorts and chain hotels.
I'd recommend Tranquility to anyone who wants to enjoy the real essence of the Caribbean - if you want to sit by a pool and have cocktails delivered to you then this isn't the place.
Enjoy the clear waters of Indian Bay which is only a few minutes down the driveway!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmandaEC82
Zurich
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We have spent five days in Tranquillity Beach Apartment Hotel with an amazing view.
Lucelle was doing everything to make our stay nice. She was always there with tips where to go. A very warm lady. She even took us on two tours. The rooms itself are nice as well. It's easy to get in town (there are local buses). The Apartments itself are at a very quite place (the only negative thing is that you need a cap / bus to get to a supermarket or restaurant). We'll definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tanja_87_10
Duisburg, Germany
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for four nights arriving from Bequia and flying out to Grenada.
The hotel is located very close to the two best beaches in St. Vincent: Indian Bay and Villa.
During our stay there a fair bit of rubbish was lying on the beach, but they usually clean the beaches regularly in high season.
It is easy to get to kingstown and other places on the island taking advantage of the busses that run a few streets away.
The hotel is really nice and the rooms are spotless. Take one of the rooms further up to get the better views.
Lucille Providence (the owner) tries to make your stay as perfect as possible. She is soo great!!! When you leave you like being part of her family!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nick D
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

this place is the gem of all gems,absolutely iddyllic surroundings,beautiful beaches,and the friendliest people ive ever met,and as for lucelle providence,she is a star, shes warm and welcoming,and a real genuine lady,and will do her utmost to make sure your holiday is a memorable one,i know ours was,tranquillity beach apartments are simple ,and sufficent,and i wouldnt stay anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeanettelloyd
Curacao
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed here for a week in Jan. 2012. We chose the hotel after reading so many good reviews on Tripadvisor. And I can genuinely say none of the reviews are exaggerated. Mrs. Lucelle will guarantee you will feel at home and will do her utmost to help you find flights, trips, restaurants etc. or spoil you with a home cooked meal. All rooms have a great view over Indian Bay and you can see Bequia and Mustique in the distance. The beach is just a few steps away from your room, however mind the rocks, as I experienced in person. Nonetheless Mrs. Lucelle will use her bush doctor skills to treat your scraps. Futhermore all rooms are clean and have a fridge, A/C and free WIFI. The only remark about the room was the shower, low pressure and no hot water, but that is quite normal in the Caribbean in my experience. As for the location it is just 5 min away from the airport and 10 min away from Kingstown. If you do not rent a car, a few restaurants are in walking distance, just know that St. Vincent is quite hilly, Mrs. Lucelle however never minds giving you a lift if she got the time. All in all one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had in the Caribbean and I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in St. Vincent for short or long term. Thank you Lucelle for your hospitality and till next time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Wesley M
Guelph
Reviewed 9 April 2011

This was my third trip to Tranquilityand I'll be back next winter. I usually stay for three to four weeks, so I've gotten to know Lucelle very well, and she has gotten to know me very well. For my needs her place is perfect. It's on the beach and I snorkel every day off the beach down the hill. This year I saw a Spotted Eagle Ray which was quite a sight, but there are many species of fish by the rock outcroppings nearby. Young Pt. Island is within range too, but there is a current there on either side of the island that you need fins to feel comfortable in. My vacations consist mostly of hiking and snorkeling, but I am also very interested in the people. Lucelle invited me to a funeral of one of her many relatives, and to a political convention of the ULP. She was willing to take me to some Petroglyphs after the convention naerby that are over 2000 years old. She is interested in exploring her island too, and she is willing to drive her guests to places that would cost a lot by taxi. You can take the dollar buses as well, and they are very quick, but they don't go everywhere, and not wishing to impose, I was always telling Lucelle, "I'll take the dollar bus", you don't have to drive me, and she would always counter, "But I have to go there anyways" or "it will cost you a fortune to get there" or "I want to visit my relatives who I haven't seen in a long time who live there". She has thousands of relatives, or at least that is how it seemed. I usually spend one week on Bequia, which is a favorite destination of European tourists, but St Vincent is is relatively tourist free. I wouldn't recommend renting a car on St Vincent and you can really walk everywhere on Bequia. St Vincent is a very folded up volcanic island. You are always either going up a steep hill, or down a steep hill. Tranquility is just outside of the largest city on St Vincent. The accomodation is spartan, but my bed was comfortable, the stove worked, the air conditioning was great at night, and the view from my deck, particularly the sunsets were spectacular. I saw the infamous Green Flash one night as the sun set. They will do your laundry for you, for a reasonable fee, and Lucelle takes a great interest in every guest she has, and will probably cook a traditional St. Vincent meal for you at some point if you stay long enough. I keep coming back every winter. There is an extra cost in getting there since there is as yet no international airport, but the experience being there is well worth the extra cost, especially if you can afford to spend more than two weeks of the year away from the winter where I live in Ontario. I have done Cuba, Barbados, Florida, and maybe there are a lot of winter paradises that I would enjoy, but after those experiences I seriously doubt I would ever find a place that suited my needs as much as St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and I would always stay at Tranquility for most of my trip there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank sailing321
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingstown
Blue Lagoon Hotel and Marina
#8 of 17 in St. Vincent
Beachcombers Hotel
Beachcombers Hotel
#1 of 5 in Arnos Vale

Been to Tranquillity Beach Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!