“Room with a view (rich view)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rich View Guesthouse

Rich View Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 8 Kingstown B&B and Inns
knokke-heist
“Room with a view (rich view)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2008

This hotel is only a few minutes away from the airport, on a peacefull hillside. We were here for 3 nights stay. The room was beautifull and clean,also a very large balconey with seaview on top of the building.Sometimes you can spot some small aircrafts from the airport. If you wanne see something,Michael (the owner) fixt that for you, no problem. We saw some parrots(st.vincent parrots) in the nature reserve,climing the souffriere,vised fort charlotte, did a trip around the island and saw a lot off waterfalls, splendid ! Michael have drived us(me and Martine) to some local restaurants, the ferry to the grenadines and the airport of st.Vincent. When we wanne leave the hotel and asked michael how much we must pay, he said,give what you want. So, you can make your conclusion.

• Liked — Room /view/owner
  • Stayed December 2008
2 Thank bobby_quetzal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Salida, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2008

They made us feel right at home right from the time they picked us up at the airport to our departure. It is really a home away from home.

Enjoy,

Trey & Lee

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2008

This hotel is a fantastic place to stay and this only due to the hotel but the people in the hotel, especially the owner of the hotel, but with great appreciation to the other staff, they are always smiling and treat you like family not a guest....

The hotel itself is made up of multiple levels, and it is very nice, especially the top levels..

One of the most important things to mention is that Michael (the owner) is absolutley fantastic, he treats in such a way that makes you feel like you are home, he took us (me & my girlfiend) to everywhere that we wanted to go in St.Vincent and he would not take any money for this, we kept on begging him to take money but he would not, after long time of persuation we forced him to take at least money for gas (",).....but he is one of the reasons why we will deffinetley come back here again....

Another point to mention, the other two ladies that work in the hotel are extremely polite and always put a smile on our faces, and that made all our days beautiful....

so overall, this hotel is the best in St.Vincent........check it out...

• Liked — Staff/Owner
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2008

I recently visited St. Vincent and had the pleasure of being a guest at Rich View Guesthouse. This hotel/ B&B (not sure what they call themselves) was great. As a female traveling alone I was really drawn to the free airport pick-up because I didn’t want the hassle of trying to figure out which mode of transportation would be safer upon arrival.

When I arrived, my ride was there. He was easy to pick out because he was the only person outside the airport smiling. It was late when I arrived and I was in need of a nice comfortable place to get some sleep. I was very pleased with the room and the great view of Bequia from my balcony and couldn’t wait until morning. Breakfast felt like a family reunion. The staff was so friendly and talkative during breakfast (while providing excellent service). They gave great advise on the must see and must do things to fit in my schedule and even gave tips on where to eat and how NOT to get ripped off. Also the view from the deck where breakfast was served was excellent.

The owner provided some transportation services himself, which was incredibly helpful and convenient. Throughout my stay the staff was always friendly and available. I really enjoyed having free wireless in the room (although it was weak sometimes, not sure if the hotel or service provider is to blame for that). I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to St. Vincent. But you better go soon, because this place is practically brand new and the owner hasn’t discovered its true value. YET!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank myztified
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at Rich View Guesthouse. I was very well looked after while I was there and I felt very comfortable there. It is situated in a safe area in between the airport and Kingstown. There is great access to the airport, is not too far from Kingstown and the tourist area of Villa/Indian Bay. There is a lovely view from the balconies out from Sion Bay to Bequia, the small beach and the ocean.

Michael, the owner is a fantastic person and made my stay and a couple I met there, wonderful. He definitely went beyond the call of duty. The 2 front of house staff are very friendly and helpful too.

The rooms are comfortable and the communal facilities are just right. The airport pick up and drop off, although close is very useful. The included breakfast is handy too. There is a laundry service, evening meal as well as internet access as additional extras. They have same useful knowledge and contacts on trips on and off the island.

I would definitely recommend a trip out to the Grenadines and at least a day stop in Bequia. The volcano, La Soufriere was also a good trip. There are some sights to see on the western side of the island, which I didn't get a chance to see, unfortunately.

• Liked — helpfulness of the staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingstown
Sunset Shores Beach Hotel
#7 of 17 in St. Vincent
Grenadine House
Grenadine House
#1 of 5 in Kingstown

Been to Rich View Guesthouse? Share your experiences!