“Excellent location, excellent value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bequia
The Village Apartments
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed here for 4 days and would definitely stay here on any future trips to Bequia. The apartment was spotless and the only reason I did not give it a full five was that we found the living room furniture was very minimal and uncomfortable. We brought the deck furniture inside which was fine. The beds were very comfortable, the kitchen adequate and the location suburb. We stayed in number 7 which gave us a beautiful view of the Harbour. George and Val were great hosts as well as our taxi driver which they provided for us - Noel was excellent. Take his 3 hour tour of the Island. Take the water taxi - we used DeeDee - to Jacks and Princess Margaret Beach. We had one of the best meals ever there! You are a very short walking distance to numerous restaurants and the local shops. Not a plush expensive hotel but would be first choice again. Also remember that it is an apartment so bring coffee, etc.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank SunnyShuswap

Reviewed 25 November 2011

The many people who come back again and again will all attest to what a wonderful place this is. George and Val live on the property and make sure everything is up to snuff. The staff are wonderful and caring. Bequia is a great friendly island where foreigners receive a warm welcome. It is off the beaten track from all inclusive resorts where you don't get the real flavor of the place. We buy food at the local markets to cook in our studio. There are many local restaurants with excellent local food.
I learned to scuba dive here and have spent many great days diving with a local padi outfit. We love Bequia and The Village Apartments! Oh yes, it is just a short walk to beaches, restaurants and shops but it is also very quiet at the Village Apartments.

Room Tip: For us the studio was perfect for a longer stay. All the apartments are very nice so I would choose...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marchalpern
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Clean, comfortable, Close to the Belmont Walkway and the Owners and Staff were Fantastic. I would recommend and I will stay there when I return to Bequia. The pictures on this website of the model apartment was the unit I stayed in.
Make sure you bring a Flashlight / Torch, very limited Lighting along the Belmont Walkway.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RichardYYZ
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Bequia is a tiny piece of the old world Caribbean tucked away in the Grenadines. The Village Apartments is a cozy home away from home. It has the basic necessities needed to make your holiday complete. They are furnished with colorful curtains and wicker furniture. The balconies offer a nice retreat in the day for reading a book or enjoying a cool drink. The apartments are in walking distance of Port Elizabeth and numerous restaurants along the waterfront. They are situated on a hill and have great views of the ocean and flowering gardens. Val and George the owners are friendly and accommodating. Martha will keep you place clean and help you with anything you might need also. This is a perfect place to stay while getting familiar the island of Bequia.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Val & George were very welcoming hosts. They took care of my last-minute booking and ensured that everything was in order prior to my arrival. They prepared an airport pick-up for me and the cabbie was also very professional. The apartments were centrally located, a stone's throw away from the Belmont Walkway. This is where you want to be if you're looking to be close to town, the port (for the ferry) and close to restaurants. Furthermore, the apartments were on a hill so you get the nice island breezes at all times of the day. The rooms were clean with modern furniture and appliances (free wireless internet) and not to mention very safe. Val & George made sure that the room was equipped with pamphlets & brochures on the Grenadines so there are plenty of informative material to browse. I had a great stay here overall and would definitely recommend to a friend, not to mention come back here on my next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbour
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank lforcadilla
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We have just come back from an amazing holiday touring the grenadine islandsfor our fourth time there. George and Val are wonderful hosts and will always try to help you with any questions or help with any problems. We would not hesitate to recommend them, I arrived on the Jaden Ferry on a very rough day when I and I hasten the locals were very sick and Val was very caring giving me something for my forehead.
Looking forward to next year

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

If you are looking for a well equipped, clean, serviced apartment with large balcony and view to die for...this is it! George & Val were welcoming and having lived in Bequia for many years, very informative hosts. Friendly but not intrusive. We absolutely loved our eight night stay just before Christmas - water taxi with Keith to Princess Margaret Beach, snorkelling with a green turtle in crystal water, Salad Nicoise at Jack's Beach Bar, a few Rum Punches...what's not to like?

• Stayed: December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bequia
Sugar Reef Bequia
The Sweet Retreat
The Sweet Retreat
#1 of 1 in Lower Bay
Firefly Bequia Plantation Hotel

Been to The Village Apartments? Share your experiences!