“Our only bad experience on Bequia...worst place ever....”
Review of Rasta Market

Ranked #25 of 25 things to do in Bequia
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Listen to other reviews...stay clear. I didn't listen thinking how bad can it really be!? This place was brutal. I have never had an awful experience like I did here. All I needed was a few green peppers for dinner and what a mistake thinking I could run in grab a few and get back in the cab. RUDE vendors is all I can say. Go to the grocery store and save yourself being taken advantage of and upset on your precious vacation. The small vendors along yhe street are so much nicer, respectful and fair.

1  Thank neverenufftravels

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Please don't judge Bequia by the people in this market. The Rasta Market is full of aggressive rip off artists, its very small and doesn't offer much. Stay away and go to the stalls closer to beach south of the ferry terminal. There are many friendly venders elsewhere.
Across from the Rasta market is a great place called Island Style. It has many touristy things to buy and its way cheaper than all the venders I encountered. The lady running the store was very friendly and left you alone to shop. Found many items for my children there.

1  Thank Cindiana49
Reviewed 8 February 2012

It was the last night in the yacht before ehading back to St-Vincent. I required 1 onion, so I made my way tot he docks in the dinghy (it was raining and Independance day). Nothing was open excpet the rasta market. Quant, yes, Local, yes, but very over priced. I had to practically beg for 1 onion. The lady who ran the stall, wanted to sell me a whole bag (6) big onions. I explained to her I only needed one. She argued with me for at least 5 minutes. So I statred to walk away, she came after me and sold me 1 onion for 1 EC$, which is what I wanted. Not much esle to say except that most of the other 1 star reviews are quite accurate. I have been coming to Bequia for 8 yrs, and it's the same every year. The fruit and veg are not fresh and tastey. Go to the supermarket for that.

2  Thank WindsNWaters
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The stall holders are fools. If they gave you a fair deal you would return again and again as they have a good selection of fruit and veg. But they rip off everyone and once bitten the wise never return. Locals tell me they rarely use it.

2  Thank lesliesmith8
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Just don't go there, please, you get screwed every time, even when you think you've done ok you haven't. Avoid at all costs. It's a shame as the produce is great, perhaps if they didn't try and do you every time you went in they would get repeat custom.... shame.