“Great spot and spot on staff”

Lazy Turtle Restaurant & Pizzeria
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Lazy Turtle Restaurant & Pizzeria. Our laid back restaurant & bar on the beautiful island of Carriacou is located right on the beach with panoramic views of Tyrell Bay. Come and chill out on the deck and join us for lunch, dinner or just a few cold beers taking in the stunning views and Caribbean sunsets! Moor up at own dinghy dock or park on the road for direct access to a unique Caribbean experience.We provide free hi speed wifi and a great atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

You get a welcome here not only from the staff but from the owners are on site most of the time. What is pleasing is that the even if the owners are not on site the staff are truly welcoming. We visited in the off season and the menu was limited but the Pizzas were fantastic. A bit American with lots of cheese but great toppings. We have been several times so far and have had consistent service and food. I would not miss this spot is you are in Carriacou.

2  Thank auditdata

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone but Carriacou is paradise. If you happen to be in paradise, you should try some pizza with a Caribbean flair. Lazy Turtle offers an excellent menu of pizzas and a compliment of pasta, seafood and other entrees. The restaurant has the perfect location directly on the beach. The waitstaff and owners truly care about their guests experience!

1  Thank susanvalentine
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Took the ferry from Grenada for a day trip to this beautiful Island. Friends had recommended this little restaurant and we were not disappointed. Service friendly, location beautiful (overlooking boats, on a beautiful beach) and the pizzas were superb! A must if you are on the island.

1  Thank ellisbird
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed on Carriacou for three nights in mid-May and ate dinner at the Lazy Turtle restaurant on our last night. The restaurant sits on a deck with a lovely view looking across Tyrell Bay and a great place to see the sunset. The owners have recently moved to Carriacou and are clearly as delighted with living in Grenada as we are. The Pizzas are as good as I’ve had anywhere in the world, and the environment to enjoy them in better than almost any other! The owners and staff were all incredibly friendly despite the place being really busy, and we felt a true Grenadian welcome for a lovely dinner. We will definitely be coming back there on our next trip.

1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Something I've been meaning to do since I got back. This is the first Trip Adviser Review I have ever done but I feel so compelled too. I was in Carriacou for the carnival and spent most of my time in Tyrell bay although I stayed in town . I ate in the Lazy Turtle several times. It started because it was highly recommended but we enjoyed the whole experience so much it was a no brainier to return. We loved the food, ambience, cleanliness but most of all the staff. Sue and Shane always made us so welcome and we feel in love with the staff also. Make the most of Brendan who does front of house because I'm almost certain he's going to be a big star one day. We were lucky enough to be invited to a BBQ on the beach on the staff's day off and I've never met a better or funnier bunch of people. The place is immaculate and everyone takes great pride in everything they do. I mainly ate the specials at night and Pizza's in the day. This was because everything I tried was always fantastic so I didn't want to miss out on anything. You can make a night of it in Tyrell Bay as there is a rum shack just along the beach and other great bars. The buses are frequent and cheap and if Sue hasn't got music on someone else will have at the weekends. Can't wait to return and do it all again.