“A wonderful stay”
other travellers have booked this property
More views Veranda North View
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
More views
Veranda North View
Front of house with garden
View from living room
Sunset
Paradise Beach
Sandy Island
Island of Carriacou
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Unelma333
Karlsruhe, Germany
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I have spent a wonderful week at this property in March 2016. The communication with Diana and Stenna, the local manager who welcomed us, was very easy and helpful. The house is wonderful. It has a 180° seaview, from Sandy island to Union. The verandah is perfect, we have spent a couple of days just relaxing in the hammock and/or reading. The house has not just an excellent choice of books (I especially enjoyed the memoirs of Diana's father who spent most of his lifetime in Carriacou), but (unlike most other rentals I have stayed in) there is a solution for every possible problem, including itch remedy and a bottle that can be taken to the beach to wash off sand. With Diana's very helpful labelling system in the house and her guest directory full of valuable information about the island it is easy to find everything. The house is also wonderfully decorated, with many thoughtful details. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you could wish for, including a wide variety of spices guests can use. The only thing we were missing at night is air conditioning, but it is completely understandable that Diana would rather keep the open concept of the house, also the fans were very helpful. The house has a beautiful garden and it is close to Sparrow Bay, a secluded beach. Also Hillsborough is only a short bus or car ride away. The week spent in Carriacou was the highlight of our three-week holiday in Grenada and the Grenadines and we hope to be back again someday.

30 May 2016
Thank you very much for your impartial review of Palm Trees. It was a real pleasure to read that your week at Palm Trees was the highlight of your three week holiday. Stella and I do indeed try to go the extra mile - or two - and provide cooking oils, sauces, herbs, paper napkins etc as it is impractical to buy stuff for one weeks holiday. Little ideas like the large water bottle to take to the beach to wash the sand off your feet costs nothing, but makes it a lot more comfortable walking home from the beach! (A tip learned from childhood.)
We note your comment re air-conditioning, but as I've mentioned in the Guest Directory, before we could install air-con, we would have to change all the windows, and lower the roof and remove the turret in the bedroom roof that funnels the heat up and out of the room - so a total change would be necessary and then it would not be the real Caribbean! We try to be environmentally friendly, and in addition we would have to increase our prices, which would exclude some guests. One guest described the open concept of the house as feeling you're in a tree house when every window and door is open, and we really value that, as it is such a complete change from our life in the UK. (And yours in Germany!) Glad to hear you made use of the two tall fans with remotes, so you can each have it on your preferred speed and angle etc.
The temperature on Carriacou does vary, and many guests say how much they enjoy the lovely sea breeze wafting through the bedroom all night, rather than being in a stuffy closed-in room with air-con, which would be just like any hotel room anywhere!
And yes, it is our home, not primarily a rental property, and everything we use we leave out for our guests, and that includes cooking sauces and herbs, a full first aid box - and a mini one for guests to take to the beach, and insect repellent, itch remedy, sun cream etc. In other words, we try it make it home from home, and I'm glad you appreciated that.
We look forward to welcoming you back someday.
Aaron S
“Incredibly beautiful and soooo relaxing!”
Reviewed 13 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Stayed here with my wife in April and I can't say enough good things about it. From planning our trip until our departure, Diana was so helpful and accommodating, answering all of our questions in detail and offering great suggestions for our stay. The place itself has a 180 degree view of the ocean that can't be beat. It is open and airy, very comfortable, and extremely clean and organized. No air conditioning, but honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to use it anyway because it is so nice to have the windows and doors open to the veranda. It's a 2 minute walk to a private beach where we saw no one else. Short walk down the road and it's easy to catch a quick bus into town. If you want a relaxing place where you can truly get away from it all, this is the place for you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the veranda while laying in the hammocks.
14 May 2016
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Palm Trees with the TripAdvisor community. When Guests are planning a holiday, they rely a lot on the independent opinion of other holiday makers like you, who have recently stayed at the property.

Thank you for your compliment about my helpful reply to your questions etc. I am all too aware that holidays take ages (and cash) to arrange, but are gone in a flash, so some prior planning and good local advice help guests to make the most of every hour of every day, and ensure they take home precious memories to last a lifetime.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Trees one day.
darlajo
pennsylvania
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in November 2015

I just wanted to write a quick review about the wonderful time we spent at palm trees in carriacou, the setting was beautiful the views from the balcony were amazing, The rental was seemless, if you want a break from the hustle of your daily life please stay here. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Palm trees in Craigston is a perfect location to get into town quickly and also to a beach just down the road. I think it is the perfect location close to amazing restaurants and you can just chill and relax. Can not wait to come back.

13 Apr 2016
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of Palm Trees following your recent stay. We are aware that everyone has very busy lives, so the team of our manager, housekeeper and I all work together to make sure that every rental is as seamless as possible. We take care of the practical stuff so that from the moment you arrive at Palm Trees you can concentrate on enjoying every minute of your holiday.
Thank you again for your positive review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jan229
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous views from comfy hammock”
Reviewed 30 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The house is perfectly located with views from the verandah to Hillsborough Bay and Sandy Island in one direction and to Union Island in the other. Very quiet and peaceful but only a 10 minute drive into Hillsborough and a good restaurant 5 mins away. I think Sparrows Bay is nicer than Paradise Beach and we were usually the only people on it..
The house is well-equipped as a house that is lived in by the owner some of the year. Everything you could want is there, even down to a big plastic bottle to take to the beach to rinse you feet. And the outside shower and sink were very useful. Good internet connection. Set in a lovely garden with room to park our rental car.
Didn't want to leave and hope very much to return one day.

Liked best: Location and view
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers
31 Mar 2016
Dear Jan,
Thank you very much for your honest and positive review. We are glad that you found the reality lived up to the advertising, as we try to 'tell it as it is', and you obviously feel that it did! As you say, from childhood we learned that if you take a bottle of water to the beach with you to wash your feet, you can walk home from Sparrows Bay without gritty sandy shoes - so it seems natural to me to label the bottle, and leave it for our guests to enjoy the same comfort. Similarly, I leave the beach bag with a small first-aid kit in it, available for everyone. And when you get home after a swim, what could be nicer than an outside shower in the sunshine!

As to the rest of the house, we do indeed leave virtually everything, including a Crock Pot, food processor, baking tins etc all accessible to our guests, as we want them to have the best holiday experience possible at Palm Trees. We are delighted that you had a great holiday and didn't want to leave, and we hope to welcome you back one day.

Thank you again for your very complimentary review.
Carol C
Rocles
“So wonderful”
Reviewed 10 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

What can I say - great views in all directions, 2 minutes to the 'private' beach and such great connection with the owner it was everything and more than we could have expected. We were so chilled out it was back into last week and this didn't change throughout our 3 1/2 week stay. We'll be going back!
My wife didn't want to leave and (for once) I was totally "d'accord". The house is very simple but feels like a home-from-home.(from the other half - that's cos what it is, the owner's home!) I don't really want to be too positive in case someone else takes the plunge and falls for Carriacou. Who needs Mustique!!

Liked best: The location
Liked least: nothing
Recommended for:
Older travelers
11 Mar 2016
Thank you for your honest and positive review. Palm Trees does not pretend to be what it's not, so I'm glad you found the ad tells it as it is - both a beach house, and our home-from-home, as I grew up playing on that same secluded beach. The emphasis is on simplicity with local artworks, and two veranda hammocks to aid total relaxation. The house is deliberately very open-plan to enjoy the magnificent sea views in all directions, and to take advantage of the cooling sea breezes.

I realise Carriacou is not the easiest place to get to, (but that is what makes it 'special' as there is no mass tourism) so I was happy to help by answering all your questions, and by giving lots of local tips. I hope that all helped to make a truly fantastic holiday. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back!
Napoyca
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Unbelievable views from every room.”
Reviewed 20 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay at Palm Trees. We loved everything about it. On the day of our arrival, we were met at the ferry dock by our taxi driver Linky. He drove us to the house, and made sure we were all squared away before leaving. The property manager, Stenna, stopped in soon after to make sure we were situated-even giving us a ride to the local market for supplies. Once back at the home, it became hard for us to leave. I cannot begin to express how beautiful the view was. I found myself in a trance soaking in the amazing scenery. There were times when I looked out an open window, or the wonderful folding doors, and felt as if I were staring at a post card. The home was appointed with everything we needed during our stay, and was very cozy and comfortable. Our favorite thing was the proximity to the beach. You walk out of the gate, down the drive, take a left past the cemetery, follow the steps down, and you'll find your secluded beach. We found ourselves pretty much splitting our time either walking our stretch of private beach, or relaxing at the house soaking in the mesmerizing views. Everything about our experience staying at Palm Trees was top notch. We certainly hope to be able to return to Carriacou one day, and will more than likely plan our holiday around the availability of Palm Trees.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
29 Oct 2015
Thank you for the complimentary review you did after your stay at Palm Trees. I have said thank you to everyone who has written a review, but I've done it privately, and have only just learned that I should respond on here, so that others can see.
We are just back from 3 wonderful weeks at Palm Trees and only wish I could bring the hammocks, view and sunshine back with me!! The star deck has been completely rebuilt, and enlarged recently, and sadly we said goodbye to one palm tree that was just too near the house and blocking the view and the breeze. We'll be putting some new pics on the site soon, so do have a look and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Trees one day.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The views and access to Craigston Beach
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing