The hotel itself is pretty standard fare for the level at which it is pitched, and the staff are helpful and professional but perhaps, ahem, on occasion, a little stiff.
Fantastic location and stretch of beach, with some of the best snorkelling in Mustique just off the shoreline.
Do be on your guard at the beach Cafe though. Our party sat down to eat here (after being regular customers for some time) and witnessed birds helping themselves to food from plates destined to go to diners. The wily birds weren't shy, we're talking feet and all in the plate..
OK if the plates were then replaced, but not so. We then watched the staff re-arranging the food on the plate and serving it.
In one example the birds waded into the mayonaisse pecking into the various other condiments, and a member of staff shooed them away, stirred the condiments and served that as well.
As it's bad form to raise an issue on here without bringing it to the establishments attention (how old fashioned), I spoke to one of the staff who had witnessed the event. His response was that we needed water pistols to scare the birds. Hmmm. Not protective nets for the food then!?
We declined to eat there any more after that (drinks only), which is a pity because the location is great.
When you charge a top line rate and are present in a top line resort then expectations are raised. When you then deliver less than average you have a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cotton House is as intriguing as it is beautiful. Originally an 18th century sugar plantation hidden away on the private island of Mustique, Lord Glenconner gave it a new lease of life in the early 1970s blending lush tropical beauty with plantation-style elegance and creating an exclusive retreat tailormade for visiting high flyers. Today it is owned by the Mustique Company, who’ve introduced such contemporary ‘must haves’ as a designer spa and infinity-edge pool, the romantic colonial mood remains evident throughout.The resort stands on a picturesque hilltop between the tranquil Caribbean Sea and the windswept Atlantic Ocean. Just 17 charming rooms & suites provide the accommodation dotted throughout the 13 acre grounds and thoughtfully equipped with mini-bars, CD players and private terraces or balconies. Private plunge pools are exciting new additions to eleven of the rooms, whilst a new two-bedroom villa with its own swimming pool and 24 hour butler gives a taste of the island-style living. A perfect hideaway and intimate destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Cotton House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cotton House Hotel Mustique
- Cotton Hotel Mustique
- The Cotton Hotel
- The Cotton House Mustique, St. Vincent And The Grenadines