Jacques and his team do a first class job. Whether in the rooms, the restaurant, the bar, or on the beach. Service is first class.
The location couldn't really be better. White sandy beach, spectacular views, great sunsets, and rooms are not on top of each other so plenty of personal space.
The facility itself is what I would describe as Caribbean five star - don't expect some slightly sterile corporate interpretation of what this part of the world is all about. Expect a bit of peeling paintwork and the odd bug here and there. It just adds to the experience and ambiance - this is at its heart a beach holiday.
I might have a very small criticism of the menu's at lunch and supper, but only in terms of lack of variety (but when everything except the fish is imported that's to be expected a bit); quality was everything I expected.
All the other things you would want are there - good gym, jogging trail, wifi, decent wine list, nice pool, etc etc.
I can be very critical in my reviews, but not this one. This is everything you should expect in the Caribbean - and one so rarely finds.
Jacques - thanks to you and all your team. (Simon & Wendy)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cotton House is as intriguing as it is beautiful. Originally an 18th century sugar plantation hidden away on the private island of Mustique, Lord Glenconner gave it a new lease of life in the early 1970s blending lush tropical beauty with plantation-style elegance and creating an exclusive retreat tailormade for visiting high flyers. Today it is owned by the Mustique Company, who’ve introduced such contemporary ‘must haves’ as a designer spa and infinity-edge pool, the romantic colonial mood remains evident throughout.The resort stands on a picturesque hilltop between the tranquil Caribbean Sea and the windswept Atlantic Ocean. Just 17 charming rooms & suites provide the accommodation dotted throughout the 13 acre grounds and thoughtfully equipped with mini-bars, CD players and private terraces or balconies. Private plunge pools are exciting new additions to eleven of the rooms, whilst a new two-bedroom villa with its own swimming pool and 24 hour butler gives a taste of the island-style living. A perfect hideaway and intimate destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your The Cotton House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cotton House Hotel Mustique
- Cotton Hotel Mustique
- The Cotton Hotel
- The Cotton House Mustique, St. Vincent And The Grenadines