“All fresh menu, cook right in front of you.”

Richard's Shark and Bake
Ranked #1 of 355 Restaurants in Trinidad
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Los Angeles, California
“All fresh menu, cook right in front of you.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I like the taste of bake shark and the condiment varies from super spicy mustard to mild herbs and jalapenos. My advice if your not into spicy don't put any mustard on your bake shark. Trust me I made that mistake and it ruins the flavor/taste. BTW those other condiments are mildly spice and the bake is just out from cooking (frying) so the menu is already hot. Savor the taste from each bite with a cool drinks. I also tasted the King fish bake and it tastes as good as the shark. If you're into conservation against killing shark then try other menu like I do. Just try once on shark and that's it. There you have it, have a good meal.

• Visited April 2014

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Coram, New York
“Great Bake and Shark in Maracas, Trinidad”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited Richard's twice in summer of 2013 on my visit to Maracas beach - absolutely loved it but you have to eat as soon as you purchase since it will get soggy if left to sit - lots of amazing toppings to add. Will definitely have to go back on my next Trinidad visit

• Visited July 2013
Cypress, Texas
“A must for your visit”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just went my second time and it was every bit as good as I remembered it. Yes, you could visit Maracas Beach without stopping here, but why would you? Get you some shark & bake, a Carib (or Stag) next door, and relax. Seriously the shark is fried to perfection, not greasy at all, and there are so many condiments available that you could probably make this sandwich a thousand different ways and never have it the same way twice.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Richard is wonderful”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I go to Richard's every time I go to maracas beach. Efficient, tasted, but oh gosh!! That new girl he has there by the condiments, the young girl, her attitude makes me want to give him a poor review. She is sour, salty and a disgusting example of Trini customer service. I observed her before my interaction with her, salty when people tried to chat with her, but bold enough to want tips

Visited April 2014
Mississauga, Canada
“Trinidad's best spot for Shark 'n Bake!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took a holiday to the island of Trinidad to celebrate our anniversary and visit family. We drove up to Maracus Beach where Richard's is located and had the most delicious traditional style fried shark and bake. It had definitely grown in popularity since my last visit 6 years ago. The women cooking up the dish were great and the service was quick! There was a large table of fresh condiments ranging from, pineapple, sauces, chutney, onions, coleslaw and traditional cilantro sauces. A definite trademark of the island. It's well worth the drive ;)

• Visited April 2014