“My favorite place to stay in POS”

The Carlton Savannah
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Sangre Grande
“My favorite place to stay in POS”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel has a very cozy feel to it. I think it's because of those lovely beds and the carpeted floors. I stayed here for a week and I loved just laying in bed and watching tv. I loved my bathroom a lot. Didn't have a tub, thankfully and I love all the little details like the mirrors. Lunch and dinner were great on all days but I was not a fan of the breakfast. The eggs were a bit too runny for my liking. I particular remember having sweetbread as one of the desserts one night and it was the best sweetbread I've ever had in my entire!!! Love Rise and the view of PoS in the night. Staff rarely interacted with me but the bartender was a nice guy. We had a great conversation. Overall, I had a very comfortable stay. Thanks guys!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Avian C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was living in this hotel, it is comfortable, the people are very friendly and the attention is good. And best of all is the location, just a few meters walk from the Savannah Park, and the best Hotel close to down town.

Room Tip: Choose a room with pool view (are quieter). Bring your own portable router, the WiFi signal in the h...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank C G
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Went to trinidad as part of a multi city holiday. Got a friend who lives there and recommended this hotel.
Nice location, great service and great room! We had just the standard room and it was superb.
Didn't really get a chance to explore the hotel as my friend took us sight seeing, but from what we seen was very good.
Just a heads up, this hotel is very near Brian Lara's actual house and my friend tells me he's seen frequently jogging around the green in front of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Aladhani
Trinidad
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Our stay here was great very professional staff,the room was cozy clean very very comfortable, didn't get the opportunity to dip in the pool but from what i saw from my room (7th floor) looked great...but we had one minor mishap...my phone charger (Blackberry Q12) was left behind after checking out but didn't realize until i reach home...after calling the hotel house keeping department they said they never found it, but someone is dishonest in that department,my advice "make sure you leave with everything you carry". other than that we would definately return. Great Hotel !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
San Juan, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed here Independence night the ambiance and setting were great, went for some drinks with and inexperience Bartender, Roof top DJ was uneventful and music was distorted, Links machine didn't work so I had to be up and down the elevator to purchase a drink.

7 a.m. Breakfast was not served until 7:42 a.m. Over heard a waitress asking a Chef if breakfast was ready with attitude in front of me and several other guest He Shouted "No what them feel it is" When it finally was I ate and returned to my room , was called by a attendant with Attitude "I need to come clear my breakfast bill" After being told it was complimentary to the room while checking in.

Later a couple at the pool was under they same unprofessional act and were not charged for Breakfast hmmmmmmmmmmm I questioned a member of staff who's excuse is they checked in yesterday so I guess the later you checked in the stupider this excuse got.

Need to buck up on staff knowledge about special events

Room Tip: Ensure what the staff tells you, you get in writing
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jason B
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The staff was very friendly and professional, my boyfriend and I enjoy the ourselves the pool was excellent, the roof top bar was great and the room was beautiful and comfortable it was like home away from home but with great service, Will be definitely going back.

Room Tip: Room from the 5 floor have a great view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole W
Providenciales
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Cool boutique hotel just off the Savannah and easy walk to town and parks, rooms are very comfortable and large, the roof top bar was a great place to have a cocktail or two although service was slow as just one member of staff. The cafe restaurant served a good breakfast and all in all the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the Savannah on on one of the higher floors for fantastic views.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple