I checked into the Carlton based on the reviews mentioned here only to find out that all was completely wrong about this place. For starters, "Free Wifi" not in the rooms. Expedia advertises it as "free wifi in rooms". This was a lie....I then read about the reviews of the restaurant cuisine being geared to local foods. That was a lie. I ended up eating a hamburger as the menu choices were less than ten entrees. Next the room...My room had red stains on the carpet that appear to be blood but I am no forensic scientist. For a Carlton hotel chain, replace the carpet before anyone else sees this. Lastly, the taxi arrangements....there must be a kickback to the guy at the front desk as they offered to arrange a taxi at a rate of $35USD to the airport only to find out the next morning that the taxi ride will be $53USD. I also noticed that I could swear I was the only person in the hotel checked in as I saw no other guests the entire time. I would not repeat the experience at this hotel ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On every island in the Caribbean there is a place where everyone goes, not to visit and leave, but to experience and return. In Trinidad, the financial seat of the Caribbean, it is The Carlton Savannah. Nestled in the foothills of the St Ann's valley, tucked in by lush bamboo and flora, is a boutique hotel especially fashioned for business travelers and locals who revel in affordable luxury - crackling with energy, sensuality and a sun dappled emotion of rest that stays with you long after your visit is over. The Carlton Savannah, located minutes away from the financial hub of Port of Spain, botanic gardens and Queen's Hall, and minutes away from a spectacular drive through mountainous rain forests to white beaches, is poised at the cusp of a tropical dream. Personalized corporate support for business travelers is our priority in the privacy of jewel shaded rooms, complete with complementary wireless service, flat screen televisions and living rooms doubling as fully equipped office meeting spaces. As a hotel committed to minutely personalized service, our concierge ensures home comforts and office requirements in a safe and luxurious environment. Rest assured... at The Carlton Savannah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Carlton Savannah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carlton Savannah Hotel Port Of Spain
- Carlton Savannah Port Of Spain
- The Carlton Savannah Trinidad/Port Of Spain