Folks this hotel is the newest addition to the room stock in Trinidad.
I am a from Trinidad living overseas and when I visit this island I stay at either the Carlton, Hilton or Hyatt.
I have made the following observations about this facility.
In comparison to the other two mentioned the rates at the Carlton are marginally better.
The rooms are modern and large. The lack of art on the walls makes the rooms seem sparse.
They gym was yet to be completed earlier this year.
The roof top bar was yet to be opened due to some obscure legal requirement.
There is a generously sized fridge with no stock.
2 x 250ml bottles of Water are provided and replenished.
Cable with flat screen TV is included.
Catering is good but not fantastic. There is no breakfast buffet and the service is adequate.
This hotel is built on a very small footprint of land. Think of a downtown Manhattan styled hotel. No grounds to walk through etc.
Location is right next to the Hilton which is 10 minutes drive from the City. and 40 minutes drives from the only airport. (Piarco Int.) The only hotels closer to the city centre are the Hyatt (opened in 2008) and The Crowne Plaza (Very old)
My concern is however. Having stayed twice at this hotel in different rooms on different floors i still had issues with the plumbing. The toilet simply would not flush as expected.
I would stay here again once the price is right,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On every island in the Caribbean there is a place where everyone goes, not to visit and leave, but to experience and return. In Trinidad, the financial seat of the Caribbean, it is The Carlton Savannah. Nestled in the foothills of the St Ann's valley, tucked in by lush bamboo and flora, is a boutique hotel especially fashioned for business travelers and locals who revel in affordable luxury - crackling with energy, sensuality and a sun dappled emotion of rest that stays with you long after your visit is over. The Carlton Savannah, located minutes away from the financial hub of Port of Spain, botanic gardens and Queen's Hall, and minutes away from a spectacular drive through mountainous rain forests to white beaches, is poised at the cusp of a tropical dream. Personalized corporate support for business travelers is our priority in the privacy of jewel shaded rooms, complete with complementary wireless service, flat screen televisions and living rooms doubling as fully equipped office meeting spaces. As a hotel committed to minutely personalized service, our concierge ensures home comforts and office requirements in a safe and luxurious environment. Rest assured... at The Carlton Savannah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Carlton Savannah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carlton Savannah Hotel Port Of Spain
- Carlton Savannah Port Of Spain
- The Carlton Savannah Trinidad/Port Of Spain