“Veni Mange - Amazing Traditional Food and Service”
Review of Veni Mange

Veni Mange
Ranked #14 of 166 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Veni Mange - Amazing Traditional Food and Service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was recently in Port of Spain for 5 days putting on a conference. I had to ensure my group of ten people got to enjoy a traditional Caribbean meal/setting for one evening. Through a bunch of online research, I came accross Veni Mange. I sent an email requesting a reservation and Rosemary responded to me within 24hours. The restaurant itself is colorful, inviting, and feels very "island" like. The staff/service was prompt and very knowledgable. Rosemary made our Rum Punch hersef! Portions are great size and a good traditional variety. If you are looking for an inviting, friendly and traditional Trinidad feel, I definetly recommend this place!!

• Visited July 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Independent with character and atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Three of us UK visitors enjoyed the tasty local food, friendly welcome from Roses and her staff, fun atmosphere, interesting decoration and best wine we had in T&T. It wasn't too expensive either. By the time we left the place was full with a buzz of chat.
Will go again

• Visited May 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good lunch!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was recently taken here for lunch. A nice welcoming and colourful restaurant. Good local food and quick service. Nice desserts. Good sized portions and not expensive.

Would recommend and come back.

I would not say very good or excellent but good. Shame about the rating scales on Tripadvisor!

• Visited March 2014
Usingen, Germany
“Excellent and abundant food with a personal touch”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Came to show a french (!) friend the quality of Trini food and service and it was worth it. We came without reservation, bit the owners are so carefully into their business that they discerned the origin of our cab and of course had a table for two. I love not being chilled to death by aircon and had a lo ely evening with relaxed, careful, very personal service by the owner and I think her daughter. Fruit punch was good, the Callaloo did not quite meet my extremely high expectations but the chicken tamarind sauce.... DELICIOUS, for lack of better words. Nice dessert, the ladies called our driver and they also accepted our credit card. My French friend and I simply LOVED the evening eating out and will be back dor sure whenever back in TT. Thank you so much ladies!!!!

Visited February 2014
Vancouver
“Good local food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We were in search of good local food, and found it at Veni's.

What others have written is true: very friendly owner/manager, mildly poor support staff, excellent sides, food looks like what you would get as home-cooked (great taste, but no presentation) and great Caribbean food

We had the saltfish accra, oxtail stew and stewed beef with coconut. All were delicious and didn't disappoint. We finished off our meal with stewed prunes and custard. Delicious!

As for the sides, I wish we knew we could order more as the fried plantains and pigeon peas were delicious. We certainly didn't know about that option because the waitresses didn't advise us

It was a colourfully funky, airy space and with a great atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014