“Great food and great service”
Review of The Verandah

The Verandah
Ranked #83 of 166 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

The menu though small the food was delicious ans fulling. The service was excellent. I would definitely recommend and I will be returning.

1 Thank Andrew H

“Good place”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Charming old time Woodbrook type of house with wooden floors, large open windows, an old time veranda with lots of plants, makes you feel at home immediately. Service is excellent, food is a bit limited but also excellent, tasty and lots of it. What they do they do well and it's very satisfying. I would say this is the best place in town for a relaxing lunch. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank docB44
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Good local food for lunch and some evenings”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Quaint old Trinidad house location with limited tables - creating a relaxed intimate atmosphere. Limited but good menu and good service. Only open occasionally for dinner so one needs to check! A favourite lunchtime venue for business people - and the place I took my now wife on a first date!

Visited July 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“All around very nice”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Ate at The Verandah last night. So far, this is the best dining we've had this trip. A handwritten menu, hospitable hosts and a great location near other establishments, we loved the dinner. We enjoyed a tomato based lentil soup to start followed by grilled shrimp and a crusted chicken stuffed with crab. Add a few rum and tonics and we were fully happy. Met the owners who are very kind and they have a bar in the back that is really cool next to the outdoor verandah. Worth the trip.

• Visited June 2013
Ashford, United Kingdom
“My Clare day”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

So I decided to have a family lunch at The Verandah. The day was rainy, we had just been wed and Clare and I had decided to eat at this restaurant that we had never visited before. Mrs. Viera was always hospitable with a phone voice that made one feel always welcome.

.On arrival the staff treated our small party of eight as though we were the only customers there. Met at entrance my 84 year old mother was treated as a special guest with staff helping her navigate the wet staircase on that rainy day. There was nothing we needed that they could not provide, umbrellas, towels and a room for our celebration that did not humbug other patrons

This renovated old house has a wide verandah allowing for open air seating a garden adding to the ambiance and a menu that I would describe as TriniMetro. No time to explain the conjunction except to say it was tasty.

Anyone interested in a peaceful relaxing meal with exceptional service must eat here. Mrs Viera takes a personal interest in the guests’ experience at the restaurant. Her staff emulate her efforts to provide a welcoming and hospitable experience. Invest your time in a wonderful meal and do pay close attention to their opening hours. Have a great time. Clare and I certainly did and will do so again.

• Visited May 2013