“Great Hospitality great Location”
Review of The Allamanda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
The Allamanda
Ranked #20 of 43 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
chicago
“Great Hospitality great Location”
Reviewed 1 August 2008

I arrived at the Allamanda to a little oasis on the city; the grounds are fulll of tropical plants ans the interior is decorated with the lovilest artwork (paintings) and antique furniture.

The beds were very comfortable and the maids were very pleasant.

Every morning we had fresh orange or fruit juice and coconut water frm the vendor across the street. The owner is a lovely warm lady who is very knowledgeable about all things Trinidad and often facilitated our trip planning and dining experiences.

Arrangements for meals (dinner) at the house caused us to have dinner there quite often. The food there is restaurant quality. We booked three rooms; each with its own bathroom. The maid service was also quite good. We had a great stay in Trinidad ; I will always stay at the allamanda.

Stayed June 2008
5 Thank travelboy106

Couples
Business
Vancouver
Reviewed 20 May 2008

The Allamanda is a great place to stay in Port of Spain. June Edwards, the owner, is a wonderful and interesting woman and will take good care of you. I arrived late at night and hadn't eaten so she made me a little plate of food; each morning there was a large and delicious breakfast including a massive dish of fresh fruit and a different local specialty (including doubles, pahloori, choka, sahina, potato pies....I could go on) each day, prepared by Abbey and/or Barbara, the fantastic housekeepers. There are a number of different styles/prices of room; mine was spotless, opened up onto a nice second floor balcony and included cable TV, air conditioning and wireless internet (which did cut out sometimes) for $75 a night, but there are more and less expensive rooms and it's possible to negotiate for longer stays. June will also happily arrange taxi drivers and get you in touch with different tour operators. She always took care to find me someone safe and affordable, especially important as I am a young woman traveling alone. She was also thinking about getting a jacuzzi or plunge pool put in sometime in the near future! Although the Allamanda is not well-advertised on the net, it is definitely a gem and I highly recommend it! Also one block away from a number of bars and restaurants, only a 15-20 minute walk to downtown and the Savannah, and I think its on the main Carnival route (although I wasn't there during Carnival so I'm not sure).

• Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11 Thank studenttraveler_8