“Great Experience”

Add it.
Satchmo's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The restaurant that we had intended to viist was closed, so we decided to eat here instead and we were not disappointed.
In Trinidad where good service is unheard of, I have to commend the staff of Satchmos for attentive and efficient service. We enjoyed the food that was served and the decor and music only enhanced our meal.
We had one issue with the mojito...way too much lime!
Otherwise a great experience overall.

1  Thank Alana2010

Reviewed 29 October 2009

This has become a regular haunt of ours since moving to Trinidad . The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly and cant do enough to make your meal enjoyable and the steaks very good . The atmosphere is great with movies of jazz music projected on the walls of the terrace and the wonderful steaks can only be beaten by the Hyatt .
I go and always promise myself to try something different but I have to recommend the Coquille St Jacques- superb and my favourite steak the Coltraine . We took our daughter who was visiting us from Ireland and the waitress brought her Guinness ice cream and she has never forgotten the kindness shown to her so its now a favorite with her to . The live entertainment an acquired taste and the Karaoke afterwards definitely needs two bottles of there wonderful wine list to sing along to but its a happy place with a lovely atmosphere and good food and wine and lots to see as your watching everything on the main street in the area - go you will love it .

1  Thank JackieO07PortOfSpain
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Went to this jazz bar and restaurant for the first time to show my cousins from MIami a good trini time. The vibe on the balcony facing Ariapita Avenue is breezy and comfortable ; quite lovely at night. There was no live entertainment the night we were there but a video of a jazz performance was being projected onto a screen for our enjoyment. The staff were relatively efficient and friendly enough but could have been more attentive.

I'm glad I stayed outside since I did not enjoy the decor on the interior when I went in to pay. On the stage where the live band usually performs, on this night were instead some very ugly looking mannequins of jazz performers which gave a tacky feel to this area.

My cousins are vegetarian and the menu didn't cater to them particularly well ( for something affordable) so they got a rather bland soup. My chicken pastelle with fries and steak was totally worth it however. I definitely want to come here in the future, but only when I'm earning a bit more or for another very special occasion.