“Real old style zoo”

US$29.99*
and up
Private Port of Spain City Tour
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Took a walk to the zoo today. $20tt adults $10tt children. The zoo is very small, however has a reasonable variety of inhabitants. Alligators, caimans, ocelot, birds of prey, cougar, howler, spider monkeys, 4 lions, a pony, fishes, butterflies, etc. Most of the cages were small and sad; around the lions the stench was horrendous, but I am happy to have seen the animals as closely as I did--eye to eye-- but sad to see the conditions the animals endure.

4  Thank Hoseinca

Reviewed 14 August 2013

i visited this zoo a couple times but my last two visits were my best there. there were some changes to the surroundings which for me made the place seem more welcoming, scenic and relaxing. i loved seeing the otters in their new enclosures, thought the pony was a cute addition and the butterfly garden is like a little piece of heaven. other things were still a work in progress so i can't wait for my next visit. anyone enjoy.

2  Thank giselle b
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I took my kids to the zoo recently and was very impressed with the animals ,I especially liked the miniature pony , so cute a must visit in Trinidad

3  Thank Geeta M
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family including one pre-teen and one toddler recently visited the Zoo and there were lots to see including a new pony that you could pet and groom once there was an attendant there. Included now is a small play park for the young ones. The signage is appropriate and there is lots of staff around and the Zoo has gotten really interactive now, Zookeepers were out and about with the snakes even allowing picutres with them if you are brave enough... New areas are being constructured and we're looking forward to see what's new on our next visit. Great evening out and lots for all ages to enjoy! One negative, the aquarium area needs some more attention though.

1  Thank Rnmfg
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I love going to the Emperor Valley Zoo. Every time I visit there is a new exhibit and something is always happening. The staff are knowledgeable and offer detailed information about each exhibit.

2  Thank OneSaucyTrini