“A place to rest your head.”
Review of Samise Villa

and 1 more site!
Samise Villa
Ranked #10 of 44 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Three friends and I stayed at Samise Villa for a short stay in Port of Spain. We arrived late and Denise (the hostess/operator) was very accommodating of that. Our experience was a little different, as I had family close by to help us with rides and everything, but when we needed, we easily got taxis (only cars with "H" in the license plate) and were not too far from the downtown area. The property is lush, secure and our units had many beds, air conditioning and there was a lovely little courtyard to hang out in. Denise made a modest breakfast everyday, but we didn't eat much as we were out quite a bit. The day we left for the airport we left a piece of luggage and Denise was quick to contact one of my relatives who had called during our stay to let us know. That would have been a disaster without Denise's quick thinking!

Definitely not a place if you will possibly make a lot of noise or have guests after 10pm, as there could be other residents. But over-all exactly what we needed for a great price!

I've noticed other posters have mentioned the psychiatric hospital next door..I will affirm it is a non-issue.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samantha V
samisevilla, Manager at Samise Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Happy to know that you were comfortable and satisfied with your experience at Samise Villa. It was certainly a pleasure hosting you.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I had to be in Trinidad for a few days to attend a funeral. Needless to say, I needed a place to stay on very short notice at an affordable price. I found Samise Villa on the internet late at night, emailed my info, and within hours had a room reserved at a very nice rate. When I arrived at the villa I was more than surprised at how beautiful, clean and comfortable the accomodations were at that price point, with a comfortable bed and all the amenities (ac, cable tv, bathroom with hot and cold water, closet space)...not to mention, breakfast was included...and that in itself was also very delicious. The cherry on top was the courteousness and overall pleasant demeanor of my host and her son...they make you feel welcome! I've already said on my next visit I WILL BE STAYING AT SAMISE VILLA!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments and compliments. We were happy to host you during your short visit and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

My first vist to trinidad was an excellent experience. My son and I stayed at Samise Villa which is ten minutes drive away from the main shopping area, the service was remarkable. Denise the manager was very helpful and friendly.The rooms and the surroundings were very clean and well maintained, the breakfast was great. I would recommend any one to stay at this wonderful establishment.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
samisevilla, Manager at Samise Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you for your compliments. Happy to know that you and your son enjoyed your stay at Samise Villa.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here for 8 days this past Feb. 2013. I arrived earlier than my group and Denise, the manager, was very helpful making arrangements for taxi service and also informing me of locations that I could check out on my own. Once my group arrived, the room was comfortable and spacious enough for the four of us. The location of this bed and breakfast is very close to the Savannah/downtown Port of Spain. This was very convenient for us on Carnival Tuesday when it was impossible to drive into the Savannah. I also arranged a tour through Denise to the Caroni Swamp which I really enjoyed. Along with Denise being helpful and accommodating, she was very friendly and enjoyed spending some time chatting with her when she had some time to do so.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank may0902
samisevilla, Manager at Samise Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to welcoming you to Samise Villa again.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Denise, the soft spoken manager at Samise Villa, makes the entire establishment worth the stay. Located a 15 minute walk from Queen's Park Savannah, this older, but well maintained guest house, has Denise as its secret weapon. Her ability to make arrangements for our party of 6 made the final three days of our trip super easy. With only three days to spend in Trinidad we had a lot to see, and she helped arrange for a custom tour, as well as drivers when we need them to maximize the remainder of our trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dvermeul
samisevilla, Owner at Samise Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thanks for your expressions of confidence and appreciation.

Part of our objective is to delight our guests and to ensure that they have a memorable experience at our facility.

We look forward to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Wonderful bed and breakfast in St. Ann´s Port of Spain. Perfect attention by the owner, excellent typical breakfast, clean and beautiful rooms. Everything excellent!!! Excelente Posada en Trinidad en St. Anns, la atención fue perfecta, la recomiendo ampliamente.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sylviab5

Your commendation is much appreciated. You are always welcome.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Our local guide on Tobago gave us a tip about this hostage. We just loved the somewhat oldfashioned house and Denise, the manager and her service. She fixed a tour to Caroni swamp, the best taci guide there and back and also taxi to the airport. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013

You are welcome. We were happy to host you and look forward to welcoming you again.