“Worst experience ever!!”

Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 27 June 2014

From day 1 until my last day my experience was far from pleasant. Every day was something! Pipe dripping. ..changed room. Ceiling dripping, elevator hitting you, outlets blown, garbage not change, yellow running water, toilet not working, dirty glasses not removed for days, no towels, and the list goes on. I am happy to share photos with whomever request them. I will not post as it's in poor taste to show such photos without giving people the heads up.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank j-foodie79
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear j-foodie79,
I wish to apologize for your experience while you stayed at the Capital Plaza in March 2013. The hotel is now Radisson Hotel Trinidad and we have erradicated all those issues. Again we apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family and I stayed at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, it is not the ideal place for leisure but is a business hotel and is advertised as such. I chose it nonetheless for a family vacation just for the experience.

The hotel has recently undergone a lot of renovations and there is still some work being done on the property. The pool area was totally redone and looked really inviting with the new swim up pool bar. Pool chairs and other outdoor furniture had been replaced and I really liked the new ones which I found to be colorful, classy and enticing to indulge. We stayed at a room on the Executive level which offered amazing views of the city especially at nights and also partial views of the ocean. Our room was very clean as will be expected and was spacious with a nice layout. The lobby area on this floor, the 10th Floor, was also comfortable and offered a better view of the ocean.

The food was very good, no complaints. The 360 Degrees Restaurant is a revolving restaurant and also offers amazing city and ocean views. Would definitely recommend this restaurant even to non guests. It is worth the visit especially for the Sunday Brunch or maybe a dinner on a special occasion.

Generally, service was good. Room service was very prompt and staff were quite friendly.

To anyone visiting from outside of T & T, you can make a trip across the road to the Waterfront to relax and enjoy the ambience there. Good for evening walks etc. Also, the nearby Hyatt Regency Hotel offers other meal options so that's a plus, to have 2 really good hotels situated opposite to each other.

The hotel can organise day tours, trips to the beach etc upon request. The hotel is downtown Port of Spain so there is easy access to shopping areas (within walking distance). You can also visit the various malls along the streets and especially Frederick Street has some good shopping stores.

We had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. Being a local, I may not go back except probably to the restaurant. As I said, I just wanted the experience and next time around, I will be looking to try a new place. But, definitely I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city / ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi ANNATrinidad,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write such a nice review of your stay with us. I have taken the opportunity to forward your review to all of our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

While looking forward to staying at this what I thought was a Repitable hotel for the Carnival season 2014, I booked from last August 2013 and was promised that the pool and everything would be up and running for my upcoming 10 day stay there.

Well to my surprise and disappointment it was horrible!! Not enough towels, safety box broken, brown water running from the toliet, bathtub and sink. Not to mention no air circulation in the moldy rooms, outdated furniture and old rugs, as well as horrible food, everything does not need to be cooked with Shodowbenny seasonings and the POOL which was not ready until 2 days before I left with brown water as well.
Lastly the elevators that are not working with sensors often closed on myself and other patron/guest one was a women in a wheel chair.

Also this hotel is over priced and should be only $75 a night.
When trying to get this rectified I was given the run around by front desk as well as management, who said that there would be a refund given but would have to wait until the transition from Crown Plaza to Raddison was completed.......well that was back in March of this year it is now May and nothing resolved not to mention they got my FULL payment back in August of 2013.

Horrible Hotel and I wouldnt even reccomend it to the vagrents in the streets if they put them up there for free.

Room Tip: we changed rooms and both were horrible, from the water that didnt stop running like a river for 3 d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear p_splenda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay during the Carnival period. I must apologize for the experience you had while you were at the hotel. As you may have been aware we were undergoing upgrades to our hotel as were were transitioning from Capital Plaza to Radisson.

We did have our pool operational on Carnival Friday evening, however when we reopened the pool the water was not brown as you noted in your review and was utilized by all of our guests. The brown water you may have experienced in the taps is caused from a problem that the Water and Sewerage Authority were working on and we had no control of it.

Please feel free to contact me with your case so I can try to resolve the issue regards your stay as I am unable to follow up on your issue without a name and period of stay. You can send an email to rhi_sptr@radisson.com.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel was really clean and standard for what you would expect of the radisson I suppose. Maybe I'm picky, but a few tiny details got to me, like the lack of an in room fridge and a tub with no plug. The complimentary breakfast was also a bit lacking, but the customer service was on point and employees were very friendly and as helpful as you would expect them to be.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Raquele L,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Trinidad. We are happy to see that you were pleased with the cleanliness and the level of customer service extended to you by our staff.
I must apologize for the bath tub plug missing in your tub. In terms of the fridge, unfortunately these are only available on request.
In terms of the breakfast, we are working on improving the menu variety available.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Port of Spain area.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I attended a two day HR conference at this hotel. Yes the hotel is quite old, but it can be properly maintained. The conference took place in a meeting room on the 12th floor. Firstly, the tables were rocking, as well as the table cloths had holes and were dirty. Secondly, we live in the twenty first century, radisson needs to improve on there wifi speed, it is super slow. Thirdly, the staff are not helpful and customer oriented, I had to push a heavy trolly with some boxes to my car, without the help or any assistance from the staff. And of course they saw me pushing their trolly. Totally unprofessional! On the good side, food was tasty. Also Donica from sales and convention was quite profesional and helpful. Overall, this hotel is in need of plenty customer service training, as well as renovations.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anya D
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Anya D,
Thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback on the Radisson Hotel Trinidad. We have recently completed a $33 million refurbishment to the hotel which included redesign and upgrading of the entrance, pool area, creating an outdoor dining area, lobby and restaurant. Upgrades were also done in our guest rooms and we continue to do more over the next few months.
We are aware of the internet but this is due to the service provider and we are currently working on upgrading this service.
Our staff has been trained within the past few weeks in the Radisson "Yes I Can" Service training and continue to be trained on a daily basis. I must apologize for your experience. I have spoken to the Management Team about your experience and review and we are working to ensure there is no repeat of such a situation.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel was redesigned from capital plaza with good modern interior furnishings.The service was slow and a bit sloppy.The food definitely was below standard and needs upgrading.I think if they need to increase their rating food and service has to improve.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear nsr17,

Thank you for your comments on our redesign. We have done significant work to our hotel inclusive of our pool, lobby, extenal building.

As it relates to the service being slow and the food quality, we must apologize for this. Our staff members are being trained in the "Yes I Can" Service and we are doing upgrades to our menu and food items. We hope that on your next visit to Port of Spain, Trinidad, you will consider staying with us again at the Radisson Hotel Trinidad.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and that was more than enough. This hotel is overpriced and should definitely be under $100.00 per night. The hotel is old and worn looking. Apparently they recently did renovations in the lobby, which is a great start, and does look very nice. However, renovations need to be urgently done in the hotel suites. The carpet and washroom needs an immediate makeover, the beds are rocks. The food. Do not include meals with your package. Some dishes were tasty, but overall, not worth the $30.00-$40.00 buffet. They do make fantastic Beef Ribs. Most staff were friendly, but a customer service course wouldn't hurt. Overall, very disappointed with this hotel and may stay here again if Suites were renovated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear love2travelkek,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your stay. I must apologize on behalf of all the staff for your experience. We have recently completed rennovations and upgrades to our exterior, entrance, pool, lobby and restaurant. Some of our rooms have been upgraded and we are continuing to do more.

I have discussed all your concerns with the management team and we are working to ensure that there will be no reoccurance of similar sitiations.

I hope that you will give us a chance again and stay with the Radisson Hotel Trinidad during your next trip to Port of Spain.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport

Been to Radisson Hotel Trinidad? Share your experiences!