Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Copper Kettle Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
  • Pool
The Carlton Savannah(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
All reviewsrevolving restaurantnice poolbreakfast buffetlate checkwide varietylocal foodhotel staffexcellent customer servicetrinidadportspainjeremy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Two night business trip, it is a old Holiday Inn, so expected not much. Because it is a older hotel the rooms are really large. Mine had a peek view of the water, mind you I was not in there long enough to enjoy it but nice to know. Staff very helpful. Breakfast buffet good, sort of reminds me of the Radisson in Belize for that, it includes good local food with things you expect. Go for the breakfast buffet. The only evening meals I had a chance to take part in was a buffet and that was really good, lot's of variety. Things I did not like. Early morning they offered coffee but it was instant and there was no hot water and no one seemed to know how to assist. You have to remember that most flights out of POS require you leaving your hotel by 5:00 a.m. There was construction next to our hotel so although the pool area is lovely you could not enjoy it. As you are so far from basic shops the convenience store needed to carry a bit more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maureen W
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Maureen W,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write this management review. We appreciate the great comments you made about our Olympia Restaurant and our staff. We apologize for the instant coffee on the morning of your departure and the construction which overlooks the pool however this construction is beyond our control. We will definitely speak to the convenience store to request additional variety.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Port of Spain area.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

At check-in there was an issue with their credit card machine which became my problem because then I had to pay cash. Then the room I was given was in need of some serious renovation. The lobby was nice but to get to and utilize the pool, you had to walk through the lobby and while people were dining, they were able to view everyone at the pool. No privacy on the outside either because there is a building being built right next to the pool.
The restaurant food was terrible. I sent the food back and all the chef could say is that is how they are made.... such a disappointment and very pricey for that disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamaicanangel
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Jamaicanangel,

Thank you for taking the time our to write a review on your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Trinidad. I must sincerely apologize for the experience you had while you were a guest with us. Please contact me at marketing@rposthotel.com so that I can get more information on your stay. Again I do apologize for your experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I had a last minute business trip to Trinidad. I opted out from the other hotel nearby as I heard the upgrades to Radisson WS extensive.

The lobby, bar, pool was an very modern which left expectations high.

Front desk service staff was attentive and courteous.

Room was clean, bed firm, wake up call I asked for was on time.

Would definitely stay again.

AA

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Collin A
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Collin A,

Thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedule to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am overjoyed to see that you had an excellent stay with us and I will commend our staff on the great level of service provided to you.

We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Port of Spain.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I really tried delaying this review until this issue was sorted out but I still await any kind of feedback on it from the hotel.
We stayed here over the labour day long weekend for 1 night. We partook in room service and drinks from the bar. On departure, I was given an itemized bill to review and pay. The bill accurately covered all charges. And was paid in full using my card.
About 2 days after, checked my credit card statement and was surprised to see an extra charge besides the authorized charge. I called the hotel right away and the front desk girl pulled my record and agreed that I should not have been charged that extra charge and indicated that charge was just a hold. She referred it to her manager and said he would get back to me.
I called the next day, and spoke to Mr Thompson who acknowledged receipt of the issue but would get back to me.
End of the week, I called again, he said again nothing yet.
Over the weekend I noticed in addition to that extra charge, there was also still a $1500 hold on my card!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called Monday morning and informed him about this as well and he himself was surprised. I also asked for an update on the charge and was told "I told u I would call u when I sort it out." I explained to him I didn't want to start getting charged interest for this unpaid transaction I didn't authorize. He said he understood.
The hold was removed by the next day but the charge still remained. Today is Saturday, no word since Monday, and I have given up dealing with Mr Thompson. I reported the transaction to my bank and hopefully they will investigate and maybe will be lucky enough to get some kind of response from Radisson.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ackbar
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Ackbar,

Firstly on behalf of the Radisson Hotel Trinidad I must sincerely apologize for the issue that you are experiencing with your billing from your recent stay with us. As with all hotels worldwide, a hold is placed on your credit card upon check in, this is released within 10 business days of your departure.

Secondly, we apologize for Mr. Thompson's delay in providing you with the information with regards to the extra charge on your credit card. In an effort to expedite closure to this situation, I would be grateful if you could email me your details at your earliest convenience, so that I can work with my accounting department to clarify this extra charge.

Again we do apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

(marketing@rposthotel.com)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Although the hotel is under renovation...and management made the necessary apologies, the hospitality, care, clean, well kept room, and excellent buffet breakfast made up for the minor inconvenience. The Front Desk Clerks receive special commendation for courtesy, helpfulness and going all out to impress and take care of customer needs. A lovely night view of the port!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the port ..at least 4 th Floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Maxine35, Director of Marketing at Radisson Hotel Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Cheryyll U,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to write such a positive review on your recent stay with us. We look forward serving you again on your next visit to Port of Spain.