“Very good for those on a budget”

Alicia's Guest House
Ranked #25 of 42 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
London
“Very good for those on a budget”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Alicia's is a 15 minute walk from the centre of Port of Spain (where you probably don't want to be late at night anyway) in a pleasant suburb called St Ann's.

The rooms are basic but clean with a good choice of cable Tv channels. There is a reasonable swimming pool, free interent and decent breakfast included. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Recommended for reasonably adventurous travellers on a budget.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank tpsontour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I've stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels in Trinidad . "Carlton, Marriott and the Hyatt" but when its comes to a fair and reasonable price of $63 us for a room with 2 beds, free cable and wifi, free breakfast and not to mention a friendly staff my money seems to lean towards Alicia's house rather than some of the so called fancy hotels there ! My friend you can't go wrong ! I also noticed they have done some recent renovation to the rooms with new air conditioners etc. I do recommend they upgrade to some flat screen televisions by now but hopefully it will come soon . I've stayed at Alicia's house on many visits for many years and each time was always the same , comfort, great location at a great price with a friendly staff.

Room Tip: Govias all the way if u got 1 piece of luggage
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank trinipimp
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I just have to stay that i just spent the last 10 days at Alicia's Guest house and it was a great experience . The staff were amazing and the customer service was excellent .....I have to personally mention Brent and Monifer .....Alicia from the kitchen the wonderful ladies of house keeping and all the other staff that made my visit a pleasure . As I sis back in Toronto this morning I am only thinking of the great time I had there .
Thanks again for the great service and I will see you again and Keep up the great work .

Room Tip: The rooms are all very nice and suits the purpose but if traveling with a family try to request the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank stacielondon
georgetown
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed at the House just over a week ago and enjoyed my stay. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Good assistance from Keisha, other office staff and not forgetting the kitchen crew. My friend and I enjoyed breakfast and may have put on a few pounds. Improvement will always be welcome. Great to stay on another occasion.

Room Tip: The room to the south was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank IngridGeorgetown
Trinidad
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed at Alicia's for a second time. The accomodation suited the purpose of our visit. However we had asked for breakfast to be on time since we needed to be out of the hotel by a certain time. Breakfast was late on most days, but enjoyable.

I would certainly visit Alicia Hose again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank TrinidadBabyFace
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We've been there at least four times and have been always treated well. Keisha, both Jennifers, the kitchen staff, etc. have been great. They are very accommodating to us our neices and nephews who visit us during our stay and we highly recommend them. Like all guest houses and hotels there can always be improvements but the overall experience is always pleasing.

Natalie & Ron (NJ)

Room Tip: "Perfecta" and rooms on the lower level (near the pool area) tend to be larger and great...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ron S
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is my fourth time back home, and my first time at this guest house. now i found my new home away from home.
it took the staff a while to smile, but they got it my holiday the best one ever.
will be back in June so keep my mangoes for me please.

Mike