“August 1st to 8th, 2013”

Alicia's Guest House
Ranked #23 of 43 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

i want to say thank you to all the staff at this lovely place. Its really a place i would call home. From Keisha, Desiree right down to Brent. I wanna come back all now. The hospitality was excellent and i cant stop talking about it (all smiles). This really was worth my vacation especially the jacuzzi that put me to sleep so many times very relaxing. THANKS AGAIN GUYS. Breakfast i miss it already i had special needs and they went met each time. Keep up the good work see you soon.

Katherine
A HAPPY CUSTOMER

Room Tip: i loved the room i had downstairs do bare in mind if people are at the pool depending it might be no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine T

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was the least expensive rental I found online and I rented the least expensive room. Needless to say I and had pretty low expectations. However, I was very surprised. The room was great with all the important items: good water pressure, good airco, comfy bed. The front desk service was awesome. They even accommodated an early check in when we arrive several hours early. Front desk was very helpful with info about the city and arranging transportation. Even calling several taxis to negotiate the best price. The hotel is tucked away on a quiet street across from the Prime Minister's residence and is a 20 minute walk to downtown. I will definitely return here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank F L
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had a 5 night stay at this guess house. I was very pleased with the service. My room was clean every day. The breakfast was the bomb that mean good LOL. The location was not the best. If You are a person who like to walk around in a different country or city . I most add your room is clean every day but your sheets on your bed is change every 2 days.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank oshyiana
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have only good things to say about this place. I've had one of the most wonderful experiences there and will recommend this place any day. I spent a couple days well and had the opportunity to chat with most of the staff. I must thank the kitchen staff, housekeepers, Brent and the front desk staff for making my stay a great one. I MUST say that two front desk staff in particular got my attention. Joanne and a guy that i only got the chance to talk to on the day of my departure. Joanne was rather helpful and always greeted me with a smile and so did the young man who was really helpful and always smiling. I felt welcomed and at home. The warmth of the staff made me look forward to seeing them in the morning and when i get back at night. I am DEFINITELY here every time i visit Trinidad and hopefully as soon as August with my family.

Thumbs up to the management.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Joel C
Reviewed 7 April 2013

my boyfriend and i were a walk in couple the facility was alright but the the bathroom toilet was not flushing we went out for the day and upon arrival met the plummer and a maid in the room the OUT OF PLACE MAID gave my boyfriend her # WHAT THE HELL WE LEFT THE FOLLOWING MORNING SMH but never the less the night was ok

Room Tip: do not take the top floor i thought i would fall over
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sugarlips W
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed there before the carnival season and it was fabulous i cant thank keisha enough for their warm hospitality and the stafff was great. They were very hospitalible all though my stay was short it was wonderful the next time i go back to trinidad i will be staying there. I give it two thumbs up! Many thanks to keisha and the wonderful staff very professional and i recommend it to anyone! loved staying there! I miss you guys!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Teressa P
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Alicia's is a 15 minute walk from the centre of Port of Spain (where you probably don't want to be late at night anyway) in a pleasant suburb called St Ann's.

The rooms are basic but clean with a good choice of cable Tv channels. There is a reasonable swimming pool, free interent and decent breakfast included. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Recommended for reasonably adventurous travellers on a budget.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo