Alicia's Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Port of Spain
See available hotels
The Carlton Savannah(Port of Spain)
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Alicia's Palace(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Copper Kettle Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
All reviewsqueens parkcarnival seasonevery morninghouse keepingan upgradejacuzziport
Reviewed 17 July 2005

I was scheduled for a 4 day holiday in beautiful TNT (July, 2005). After reading an aricle in Budget Travel, I decided to give Alicia's House a try. After spending 3 minutes in a mildew/moldy-smelling room, I could not stay. Needless to say, I lost my deposit and was forced to go to another hotel.

Uless you like the smell of mildew and mold in the morning, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank lacalif11
Reviewed 16 June 2005

I was surprised to read such positive reviews by guests at Alicia's House, and decided to add my own experience. We stayed there one night between flights. The room was clean but there was no hot water in the bathroom, a mere trickle for a shower, and worn out old towels. The staff was incredibly surly, glued to the TV, and acted as though we were interrupting their life when we tried to order dinner (which was really poor). The next morning the receptionist literally didn't speak to us. Later I looked at their brochure and found virtually no resemblance between the actual facility and the glossy pictures. Should you need to stop over in Port of Spain, please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2005

My husband and I stayed at Alicia's twice in our Christmas 2004/New Year 2005 trip to Trinidad & Tobago. The staff are helpful and pleasant, reception is available 24-hours and it was no hassle (or cost) to use the safety deposit box. Both the rooms we had were good, very clean and each had air conditioning, a ceiling fan and a small fridge with ice box. It depended on the room whether there was a shower or a bath with hand held shower. The pillow for each bed was small and lumpy which is my only gripe. There is some catering at the hotel but for dinner you have to order by lunchtime. All orders have 15% tax + 10% service charge.

Location is a little away from restaurants but in a very quiet and nice area, we had a rental car so no problem there. It's about a 5-minute walk to Queens Park to where some of the Carnival events are.

Like other reviewers yes we did find the exchange rates used at the hotel to be higher than bank rates e.g. 6.2TT dollars to 1USD. But all hotels in Trinidad & Tobago seem to do this (at the same rate). I agree, bringing USD cash to pay the bill avoids the extra charge. If you're wanting to exchange USD for TT, get them at the airport (exchange rate 6.0), the hotel will exchange for only 5.5.

If we were to visit Trinidad again, we'd stay at Alicia's.

5  Thank MacKiwi
Barbados
Reviewed 7 December 2004

In my room was nice but the continues sound and the telephone in the room wasn't working. I was surprised with there calculation of currency, to my knowledge on currency $6.00USD=$1.00TTD,$3.00BDS = $1.00TTD, $2.00USD = $1.00BDS So if a room is $70USD = $140.00 BDS but no no no with em you have to $196 BDS. smart way to make a profit. Can wait to see about this CSME....... PLEASE TAKE USD ONLY.........the service ok.

Georgetown, Guyana
Reviewed 15 June 2004

We stayed there about 2 years ago. Alicia's is such a cozy, comfortable and charming place. I always mention it to my friends when they are coming to TT.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member