My hubby and I stayed over the weekend, we checked in at 3pm where all the paper work was finalized.The A\C is makes a loud noise in your room, the bed is extremely small and uncomfortable. At day 1 our A\C knocked out it took 2-3 hrs before anyone came despite two phone calls. We were told to move to a next room no assistance offered. The next room's shower wasn't in good working condition and the A\C was louder, the kettle was dirty when I asked for a clean one (no kitchen in room) I was told to come downstairs for it.. when i paused in disbelief on the line a couple seconds...I was told ok I'll bring it up...On the day of our departure (check in at 1:00, check out @ 11am) not listing names so someone telephoned @ 830am awaking us, inquiring when we were leaving and what rate we were quoted although all the formalities were finalized on our arrival when i related this I was told thank you for your insight!!!!no sorry,no apologies. Upon leaving I inquired as to what is the hotel policy regarding checking out, normally guests are reminded @ 1030am and a 15min grace is allowed. When i related I was called @830am silence followed no apologies. I can be a better host if I were to open a hotel at my home not to mention offer much better facilities. The pool needs cleaning and the restaurant is expensive. The cost of $700-800 a night is definitely not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set between the rain forest and Queen’s Park Savannah, Hotel Normandie features 70 rooms, 6 meeting and conference rooms, an outdoor swimming pool and bright, attractive accommodation. Just 1 Km from the Savannah and 3 Km from Ariapita Avenue, at the end of The Nook Normandie manages to relax you with its tranquil surroundings. Each stylish, air-conditioned room and suite at The Normandie has colourful décor and includes a coffee/tea station, cable TV, and complimentary Wi-Fi; some of the rooms include a refrigerator. The Normandie also has a restaurant that offers a continental/international breakfast and an Italian flavour for lunch and dinner, a 24-hr front office, 24-hr security, complimentary parking, a concierge, a spa, and provides a tour desk and the only pilates studio in Trinidad through our in-house partners, Island Experiences and Madeleine Miller Pilates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Normandie Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Normandie Hotel And Conference Centre
- The Normandie Hotel & Conference Centre Trinidad/Port Of Spain