“Do not stay at Copper Kettle”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
Copper Kettle Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Number 1-i wish the person who put up that picture with lovely bedroom take it down and stop lying fooling everyone.

Now for my review - this hotel is horrible, i will never ever stay here again. It have nothing to do with looking for a 5 star hotel, this hotel is just terrible. The hotel service is very very poor, they give you the key and tel you go up the stairs and look for your room number, the room is not cleaned everyday, furthermore i stayed for 5 days and not one day while staying there was the room ever cleaned.. The floor on which you walked on in the bedroom is dirty dirty dirty, it leaves your feet black so i am assuming that this hotel does not invest in maid services, mop water. The room have no little area that you could make tea, no electric kettle, no iron, no iron board. The room i was in the tv never showed, all the tv nobs were missing, when i went up to my friend's room the tv is as small as a mini laptop also with nobs missing. The telephone in the little sitting area does not even work. The doors are full of rust which when i latched it gave me a cut. The bed is very uncomfortable. The room have no bedside lamp for those persons lying. I am going to assume you all family to the owners of this place and just want them look good but truth-fully this play is very horrible. Just save you money and pay another hotel that is beneficial. The only good place about this is where it is located. Imagine broken glasses in the middle of the pathway for days and no one ever moved it. The metal door that takes you to the balcony is very hard to open and shut, then the 1 chair outside there is full of rust and have tissue stick inside the seat. I can give you all a whole list of this crappy hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
27  Thank Horrified_H

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at the hotel on several occasions each for over a week. The last time being June 2010 and my stay was excellent. I found that while i was out shopping the room attendant cleaned and folded my used clothes and left them there on the bed. The main gate is closed around 6pm so you are secured in your room. I would not advice this for anyone but i left money in the room and came back each time and found it. The beds are comfortable and i slept well and the bathroom facilities are clean and tidy. The staff are friendly and the food was well prepared. In all, for a low cost hotel i would give it a 10

Room Tip: i always had a room facing the main road for some reason, i preferred the view
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Carlos H
Reviewed 14 January 2012

No - Hilton it is NOT! BUT....main entrance is closed at 6pm so bell has to be rung after due to 24 hour Security so that not just anyone can walk in.....Thumbs UP.
Rooms are a little sparse but en-suite & never run out of hot water, ice is given from 24 hour Bar downstairs if you need cold drinks in the middle of the night - each room has a TV, bed or beds, tables, bedside lights & wardrobe area with bench. The staff are extremely helpful. I've been staying there for over 12 years, numerous times each year, & couldn't ask for better accommodation in a better location for the rates. 10 out of 10 overall.

Room Tip: Some have ceiling fans & some have noisy a/c - depends what you want
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank caribbean-caroline
Reviewed 15 December 2006

I am from St.lucia and I have been to that place on many occasions.(6 times).The place is really close to business places.The people are really nice and friendly.The service is generally good.The rooms are cleaned everyday.The food is ok.Generally I felt at home had my privacy and was comfortable.It is not a bad place.An open minded person will like that atmosphere.The rates are affordable.While my stay was good.I believe that there are a few minor things that need to be taken into consideration.Eg.Give the rooms a fresh new painting.Some beds need to be replaced.Why is the main exit closed at 6pm and you have to ring in to come in.I am not to comfortable with that.Service can be improved.Maid service can also be improved.Access to drinking water.maybe a fridge in the rooms.Anyway,while these should be taken into consideration.Generally speaking,not a bad place.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
10  Thank Shalom-Blessed
Reviewed 13 September 2006

I turned up after my reservation. When I went up to the room, I could not believe my eyes. I could actually see through the sheets and pillowcases. The bathroom mats were filthy and looking in the bathroom made me want to throw up. The place smelt like something I've never smelt before, it was awful. My five minute stay on my way down I pass the maid who had the sheets and towels in a bag on the floor which had fallen over and were on the dirty floor and I had to step over them, these were the same sheets that were suppose to be clean for the rooms.

I would not put a pig in that place.

Stayed: September 2006
18  Thank certificate
A TripAdvisor Member
Barbados
Reviewed 5 October 2005

IHane read sime of the reviews written on this hotel and I have to say that some of us when weleave our homes to stay in a 'hotel'always picture the Barbados Hilton, The plaza, Sandy lane And the other 5 star hotels of the world. We cannot afford these, so we choose the copper Kettles and look for 5 star accomodation.This is unfair I stayed at the copper Kettle In august, Again In september and I will Be back there again on saturday , If there is space for me

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 September 2005

damp smelly an poor lighting it just bad door had poor luck it just look tacky an rund down

• Stayed: February 2005
#7 of 21 in Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Copper Kettle Hotel? Share your experiences!