“Perfect Accommodation on a budget!”

Caribbean Tourist Villa
Caribbean Tourist Villa
Ranked #21 of 43 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Good: great price, arranged airport trip, very pleasant staff, comfortable room, perfect air conditioning, breezy veranda, hot and cold shower, complimentary tea/coffee 24/7, well kept pool, walking distance to downtown, supermarket and the avenue (for food and entertainment).

The Bad: I stayed in the first room away from the veranda and I like to sleep in sometimes but the curtain was too thin so the room was very bright. They ran out of milk and coffee once so I had to wait until the next day.

Would I stay there again? Definitely! And I will recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Farah B
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Tourist Villa

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at the Caribbean Tourist Villa for a couple of weeks while doing research in Port of Spain. The staff was very friendly, always happy to place an outside call, and Shari even went through the trouble of scanning receipts for me after I arrived back in the US (thanks again!!).

They have a little kitchen and a laundry service, which is really convenient if you're staying for more than a few days. It's a comfortable environment with a nice little veranda on the second floor, where we made some friends among the guests. There's also a little pool for cooling down in the afternoon, and every room has a TV, refrigerator, and air conditioning.

It's located in Woodbrook, a friendly neighborhood just to the west of the downtown area in Port of Spain, and there are lots of restaurants, bars, and street food vendors just around the block. As some reviewers have mentioned, a lot of sound gets in from outside (and the walls aren't very soundproof), but if you bring earplugs you shouldn't have a problem sleeping through it. Port of Spain has a vibrant nightlife, and for me it was worthwhile being walking distance from the bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eron A
Reviewed 6 August 2013

But the room I had on the fist floor right at the front by the street had a transparent curtain that brought all the light in. It was also noisy being in the front. Having made my reservation way in advance and not the first time there, I expected a better room. I guess they gave me the worst room they had. There was a back up of the water in the bathroom also and that made me very uncomfortable and worried about nasty back up water. However, I did complain and the issues were fixed by some awesome people who works there. I will still stay there again. Please put dark curtains at the front.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank SLM747
Reviewed 15 July 2013

i am from Barbados . i love this villa it also help you to save alot of money , it is very relaxing and the the staff is great and very helpful , Ilove it. and this is my third time so far and i will continue to stay there when ever i go to Trinidad. keep up the good work.

Room Tip: lower room are closer to the pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank carolann w
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was well received and place in a very comfortable room where it felt like home away from home the Staff was extremely friendly and treated me with great respect and making sure i am ok at all times, they also link me with some very trust worthy persons to taxi me To and from my destination at all times , the prices were the the best for taxi and also accommodation at the Tourist villa my stay there was very well spent i felt the warmth of the staff there they are like family to me now,
the first time i stayed there and leave to my country i told everyone about TOURIST VILLA
I therefore recommend ALL my friends to visit the Tourist Villa

Room Tip: Rooms top floor front fast WIFI
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I really enjoyed this villa while in Trinidad. I thought it was a decent price and I felt safe while there. Its very close to the avenue-which is where you can party or "lime" as they say in Trinidad. They will call you a taxi if you need (but that can become a bit expensive) They have complimentary coffee and mini-fridges in the room so you can buy food and use the kitchen there as well.

The staff was pretty awesome and jovial. At times they can be a bit loud in the morning when working but for the most part its quiet. They have AC there as well. the room gets extremely humid--so I suggest keeping the AC on to keep things dry. Overall I enjoyed our stay at the Tourist Villa.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We've been staying at Tourist Villas for about Three years now. Spendind between two and seven days - sometimes twice per month, and indeed the management is doing everything possible to improve the service.
There is complimentary coffee and tea (or Milo) twenty-four hours - seven days a week, the pool and surruondings is always clean, the rooms are always tidy and the staff is very helpful. Within walking distance to Port-ofSpain, and very close to churches, restaurants and night clubs.
Boris, the owner spares no pain each evening in his walk around the property to ensure guests are comfortable - he is very approachable - the training of staff is also very important to him.
This property is a must visit if you are operating on a budget and I can assure you that the stay will be enjoyable.
Hewley Sonaram.

Room Tip: Our favourite rooms are #4 or # 11
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business