“Cheap in price and quality”
Review of Kapok Hotel

Kapok Hotel
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Rooms and bath room clean, but a bit desolate, no chance to control the air condition in our room, loud at the pool due to air condition machines. Breakfast: toast, ham, cheese, jam, some fruit and cereals, yoghurt. Eggs at surcharge only. Traffic noise loud in the rooms at night, due to bad isolated windows.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pauls-beisl
There are newer reviews for Kapok Hotel

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently and the service we received was horrible. The front desk staff was very impolite. I did not feel one bit welcomed at this hotel. Customer service is definitely not their priority. We have been staying at lots of hotels and this was definitely the worse! The room was quite small and outdated for the price we paid. This hotel definitely needs to look into making customer service a priority.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank chanel4713
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 12 days, on a work visit. Although the rooms are clean and reasonably good condition (I stayed in a room with a kitchenette on 3rd floor) the prices are very high compared to other cities I have stayed in. The breakfast was so poor I bought my own cereal; the resturants were mediocre. The last two nights of my stay one of the water pipes burst, so they had noisy vacuum cleaners, there was no possibiity of a morning shower, and I had to wade through a watery passage to the lift. Beware, this may be an ongoing issue as they renovate. The only redeeming factor was the convenient location.

Room Tip: aircon on the pool side was very bad - perhaps less noisy on the road side of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mishmash255
Wesley J, Manager at Kapok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear of your inconveniences and that we did not meet your breakfast expectations. Our complimentary continental breakfast includes a selection of juices, selection of cereals, cheeses, cold cuts, yogurts,pastries and assorted breads, bagels, jams and preserves.
We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and I will be sure to send your feedback to the relevant departments.

regards

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Hard to believe that I have been visiting Trinidad for so many years and have opted to stay at other places when Kapok was right under my nose. This hotel is very central to Port-of-Spain yet not in the heart of downtown. A couple minutes walk from the Savannah and also walking distance to a mini mall with several food options if you tire of the 3 restaurants at the Kapok.

Our daily continental breakfast on the 8th floor overlooking scenic Trinidad was always a refreshing way to start the day. Our room on the 4th floor was so much more than we expected; huge comfortable bed, elegant furniture, working free WiFi (decent speed), a safe for valuables and lots of hot water from an 8 inch shower head (heaven).

Staff at the front desk was super friendly and helpful; they helped us print boarding passes and find beach towels for our trip to Maracus beach. Overall, I would stay here again and again, yes it was that good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DParris
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed for the trini carnival in 2013 at Kapok hotel was recommended to me by other people that also stayed in the hotel in the last couple of years.The location is great i had a fab time for carnival,however when i checked out i had lots of bags and my 2 friends and cousin had lots also my cousin doubled check the room before we left to make sure we hadn t left any items or bags.So we all went downstairs and left the baggage man to bring our stuff down while we had 1 more drink for the road.Packed our bags in the car when we reached back south of trinidad,we unloaded the car to relise there was a bag missing.Called the hotel they told me i would have to phone back in the morning which i did.
Next day they told me there was a bag in the room which they found i asked them if they had certain items in the bag they said to me they throw away some of my items that was in the bag and i had other items in the bag which they didn t mention.
I picked up my bag from the hotel and they didn t apologise for throwing my stuff away which they thought the items were no good {that was a load of rubbish} or they didn t admit or apologise for steeling my items i had to go to the police station to report them.
My advise to you is make sure you keep an extra eye out as these people are reaal trickidadians.
And get an insurance cover just incase.

Room Tip: Get an insurance just incase they steel any items.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Ash D
Wesley J, Manager at Kapok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for choosing Kapok Hotel for your carnival 2013 getaway. As mentioned in your comments our hotel came highly recommended by people who have stayed with us multiple times and we are happy you had a fabulous time for Carnival. We have communicated directly with you in reference to your report and conveyed to you that after thorough investigations there was no breach of security on our end. Please contact us for any further information.

Kapok Hotel

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very nice staff. Rooms well-appointed and clean. Cable TV and internet service great for business travelers. Good continental breakfast. The main restaurant (polynesian/Chinese) is mediocre. The smaller restaurant/bar in the lobby has a great selection of food choices at reasonable prices-good food! Not bad value. Quiet and good sleep!

Room Tip: Away from the main street is better
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Kapok is a small hotel, but comfortable. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are not very impressive. Seems the air conditioner does not supply ventilation to the Bathrooms and so are hot compared to the rooms. The restaurant is on the 8th floor called the Tiki Village. Breakfast starts at 0700Hrs, but was not very impressive. Although the view is good, one will feel the space constraint. Ample car parking space available. Sufficient number of elevators available. The front desk was cooperative and check in was quiet fast. Overall a decent place.

Room Tip: Try to choose bigger room facing the road on front side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business