“Great place to stay”
Review of Kapok Hotel

Kapok Hotel
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We did not experience any problems with this hotel. Quite the opposite. The staff was very attentive, always had a smile and would personally greet you.

Heath from the KAVA lounge made you feel like a family member. The pizza and lamb burger were the best we ever had. The KAVA lounge has indoor and outdoor seating.

The breakfast buffet at the Tiki Village restaurant was very limited but good. Typical of a continental breakfast.

Our room was very nice with kitchenette, living space, balcony and a separate bedroom. It was clean and comfortable.

The Kapok Hotel has a well lit parking lot and is in a good location within walking distance to Queen's Park.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Jill and Jamie Trainor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KeppochSunshine
There are newer reviews for Kapok Hotel

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I had problems with the shower shooting hot and cold water throughout the entire shower (changing temperatures) which made my friend and I sick. I would have thought that in a case like this, I would have been moved to another room but the front desk representatives did not seem concerned. The housekeeping staff was more concerned and even took the time to ask if the problem was resolved. It seemed that it was a hassle to help. I went through the entire trip and I did not feel like it was worth the price that I paid and could not get the customer service and maintenance to do what was needed. After speaking with the manager, I expected a discount for my dissatisfaction but I was not provided with such. I am not impressed by the hotel, this is coming from a person who has stayed at the hotel before and had no trouble, who was a Kapok fan until my last trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank simwbwlp2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013

It is a relatively good price for a location in Port of Spain. It was fine in terms of service and comfortable enough. The rooms were clean but bit small. It was unfortunate that on the evening that we arrived there was an issue with a mini flood; we arrived at 5:30 and our room still ws not ready. Nevertheless the staff was courteous enough.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Okay,last week I checked into the KAPOK HOTEL in Trinidad, my first time at this hotel. I had booked for a week. After being greeting by indifferent staff, who greeted me with "Good Evening , whats your name?"(No "welcome to Kapok Hotel").....I was given my key and sent on my way (rolling my own suitcase).

The corridor on my floor smelled of mold and the room, which was pretty basic and small, had an a/c unit which was so loud I had to turn it off !

The next morning, having realized that the only star in this hotel was me,....I decided to check out due to substandard service,and a crappy room... I mean really...for $180 US per night I shouldn't be carrying my backpack, laptop and suitcase BY MYSELF.

I asked my colleague to take me to the Carlton Savannah Hotel (where I usually stay, only 3 mins away), and was so relieved that they had a room available. Its a great hotel, FANTASTIC rooms , nice modern decor and very friendly staff (who remembered me and said "welcome back") ...and did I mention that's its a bit cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank nicksutherland
Wesley J, Manager at Kapok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to personally apologize for the reception you received upon check in and your room experience.

We at Kapok Hotel continually try our very best to ensure all our guest feel welcomed and receive a high quality of service in well maintained rooms, but unfortunately this time, we fell short on this delivery. Please feel free to contact me at (868) 622- 5765 or wjackson@kapokhotel.com.

Best regards
Wesley Jackson

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Like this hotel very comfortable and quiet some upgrades could be made but very relaxing and great breakfast only thing is that it can go until about 11:30 as some guests don't always wake up too early. A bit pricy but you pay for what you get. Good hotel in general

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

After reading the reviews I was a bit skeptical so I decided to go in person and check it out. The intention was to stay for the independence weekend /birthday. Upon my arrival I met with Christopher and he agreed to show me a room as well as a tour of the facilities. He took me to the 7th floor-room 790 to be exact- and I fell in love. The room was modern with a soft king size bed and a great view of port of Spain and the sea. The bathroom was also very nice. I paid instantly.upon my return I was warmly greeted again by Christopher who assured that my stay was fine. The view of the fireworks for independence night wad like if we were in the savannah. Breakfast on Sunday was excellent. Buffet style. The only issue I had was the pool closes at 8:30pm.

Highly recommend this hotel and I would be returning

Room Tip: Dont rely on reviews. Make time to preview the room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jujulady55
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Kapok has to be one of the best budgeted Hotel's to stay at.The hotel is close to all of the local amenities.

The staff members are extremely friendly and helpful in more ways than one.

The room was updated and cleaned. Not to mention the breathtaking views of this hotel. The food at the Tiki Village is excellent and again the views are stunning.

Thumbs up Kapok!

Room Tip: When dining at the Tiki Village, to get a more authentic healthier and tastier meal, request that th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo