“3nd visit”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“3nd visit”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed the last week of August and enjoyed our stay. The staff is excellent and we enjoyed relaxing on the patio over looking the savanna . We had our 17 year old son with us and the room was large enough to accommodate the three of us. The front staff was excellent in helping us arrange private dinning arrangements and tours.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Hope to have you back when you visit Port of Spain.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff are friendly. Hotel amenities are modern and new. Rooms are spacious. Hotel is located close to the city and most major attractions. Very convenient for parking, etc. The lounge staff are very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your feedback and choosing to stay with us.
Katy, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had chance to stay at Hilton Trinidad and staff was courteous and kind. Room was in clean and neat condition. I arrive late night and was looking for a place to have quick dinner and the restaurant was still open and the sfaffs were very friendly. Everything was perfect and made my first trip to T&T memorable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you and hope to have you back in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I spent the weekend at the Hilton with my family and we had a great time, the kids truly enjoyed the stay.
As with every time I stay at the Hilton I always leave thinking about my next stay.
In all honesty the hotel does show signs of some wear and tear, but in my opinion, it is still in a good condition.
What makes it my #1 choice when staying in Port-of-Spain? The friendliness and willingness of the staff. The staff always makes my stay much more comfortable (Melissa who restocked the tea supplies, Gary who delivered in room dinning, Marvin the bellman, Sheldon the bartender, and the others whose name I can't remember) every single member of staff we came into contact with was very nice.
Breakfast at the restaurant was good as usual, the wide variety of things to choose from. The children were amazed by the choices.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience and particularly for singling out members of our team who made your stay memorable. We are very proud of our team members and i will ensure these comments are shared with them.
Couva, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The room I stayed in was really nice and clean but without the view I requested. I had encountered a minor problem with room safe but that was quickly addressed. Beautiful pools, buffet breakfast "excellent" I did not have lunch or dinner there so cant comment. I requested a cork screw from the bar (called from my room) I was told its on the way but it never reached. I called about 3 times within a couple of hours and was told its coming. That spoiled my night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and my appologies for your experience.
Thun, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is extremely well located, just above Savannah Park and not far from the Botanic Garden, which was ideal for my morning 1 hour daily run. As a 5 stars hotel, the service and infrastructure is outstanding. The vegetation in the gardens and the swimmingpool are very nice and well-kept. Foos is good and has an overall good price-quality relation. Brakfast buffet offers local fresh fruits and many options. The gym is very big and with excellent infrastructure. Staff is friendly. Taxis organised by the hotel are extremely costly but guests can just decend the hill (5' walking) and catch a taxi from the street which will cost a lot less. Overall a good experience. I fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your response and hope to welcome you back soon.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I spent my birthday this year with my husband at the Hilton on September 14, 2013 and I must say it was a memorable experience! The service was excellent, I got cake with a candle to make a wish (one candle lol)! The view was panoramic. My husband and I usually stay at one of the hotels in Port of Spain to celebrate our special occasions anniversary / birthday / mothers day etc and this is the first time we did not leave the hotel to go out on the town. Thank you to the management and staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
You are very welcome and we are looking forward to your next celebration.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
The Carlton Savannah
The Carlton Savannah
#15 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!