“Hotel is nice - service not so much!”

Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If all you need is a clean room then this is a typical Hilton property. Location requires ground transportation to go anywhere - not centrally located even though the map would suggest that. Hotel service was poor. Lobby bar / restaurant took over 1 hour for food. Hotel restaurant tried to charge me for things I did not order.

1  Thank Randy S
HiltonTrinidad, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your response. Please contact me at leroy.browne@hilton.com to discuss this in more detail. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,916)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Once the foremost hotel in Trinidad, other hotels have come in to compete but the Hilton still remains a choice destination for the comfort-minded guest and traveller. It has the unique appellation of the "upside down hotel" because of the way the floors are numbered - Lobby and welcome is at level 3, levels 4 to 9 go downward while level 1 is the highest level.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michael O

Thank you and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Trinidad on a bed and breakfast basis and I really enjoyed my stay. Sfaff were friendly and attentive and made you feel most welcome. Rooms were clean and spacious and well equipped.

The thing that stood out to me the most was the breakfast. The breakfast was delicious with so many different options. I highly recommend the omelette station- very tasty indeed. The hotel possesses plenty of charm and I look forward to staying there again on my next visit to Trinidad.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us and hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton during June, 2014 and while the views of Port of Spain and the ocean are spectacular the hotel is a little dated. Customer service is almost non existent. When we checked in the receptionist hardly said two works and had a miserable facial expression. Checking out was worse and took twenty five minutes because the receptionist could not work out the correct cost of breakfasts. When we arrived at the hotel there was nobody to carry in our luggage and we had to take our luggage to the room ourselves. We went one evening to the Coffee Shop which is run by an outside company and our purchases could not be charged to the room and she did not have any change for a low denomination note.

1  Thank RNGZG

Thank you for your review and please accept our appologies for your experience with us. Please also contact me at leroy.browne@hilton.com so we can discuss this in more detail. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The food served is one of the best i have ever tried. The decor of the rooms is amazing. I would definitely suggest it to anyone who wants to have some conviviality and try something different for a change.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Reservations did not live up to what was confirmed at booking. Internet is only free in Lobby. The customer service experience was terrible. carpets have a musty smell. Additional amenities are not available at nights to guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Janine D

Thank you for your response and please accept my appologies. I do need some details on your experience and the opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at leroy.browne@hilton.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I've just recently came back from my weekend stay at the Hilton. I had taken the red eye flight and arrived in Trinidad @ 5am and had notified the hotel earlier in the week and requested an early check in time. By the time I got to the hotel ($30USD by airport taxi) @ 7am they had no electricity and told me to have a seat in their lobby and that they would call me when they were able to get me a room. Well since I was up from 5:30am the previous day I did fall asleep and woke up around 9 am. I went to the front desk and the same lady told me that they saw me there and thought I was waiting to check out. She had completely forgotten me in two hours? Who waits to check out in a lobby??!!?? And there wasn't even an apology. Needless to say I did end up getting a room shortly after that. My room was great. The shower was wonderful. I also used their taxi services and they were very friendly. However, I found that the front desk staff were not very nice. It was like you were interrupting them from their conversations/activities. Even when I called down to ask a few questions I found that they were very abrupt.
Would I stay here again? Maybe. But I would definitely try out others first. It's such a shame that it's a nice place to stay but not a very welcoming feeling.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TriniSultress

Thanks for your review and please accept my appologies. Please contact me at leroy.browne@hilton.com at your convenience as I need a few more details.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!