“Cosy room and friendly hosts”
Review of The Little Inn

The Little Inn
Ranked #24 of 43 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We had booked a room via hostelbookers as early as July 2012 for 4 nights from Jan. 28 till Feb. 1, 2013. When we arrived by taxi from the airport, Lizsth was a little embarrassed and said that he had cancelled all bookings in regard to the carnival when room prices sky-rocket. He had forgotten to cancel ours, however. Both Lizsth and his amiable mother were very devoted to accommodate us and allocated us the „Pink Room“ at a reduced rate. This room was exactly as the name says: Pink in every respect, even the aged fridge which was so cold that the bottled water froze! There was efficient A/C and a kitchenette. Lizsth brought us a two flame gas stove on a trolley (pink) with a gas bottle when we asked for it. In addition to a double bed, there was also a single bed which came handy as a baggage rest, plus a sizeable table and three chairs. A number of flower-pots, some hanging from the ceiling, with artificial flowers gave the room a cosy ambiance. The bathroom was very small but nice and in good working order. Wifi internet worked o.k. There were tables and chairs in the alley in front of our room. Some of the other rooms we saw were not so nice as the Pink Room, however. Lizsth went out of his way organizing a taxi at a reasonable price for a day trip to Pitch Lake, the Hindu temples, and the Caroni Swamp and also for the transfer to Blanchisseuse. The Little Inn is a friendly hostel, ideally situated but still quiet at night. There are restaurants in the vicinity, among them a very cheap and excellent Chinese one, two small shops in the same street and an IGA supermarket in 5-10 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heinrich G
There are newer reviews for The Little Inn

Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I've been to the country before so I'm familiar with the standard. This past trip I stayed here & I must say this was the best trip I've ever had. This was largely in part to List and his mother who run the place and their travel advice, and great service (very very rare in Trinidad). For large event nights in the area they even pay for security to guard the front gate "until all guest are home" (also very rare for a TT B&B) Best spot for carnival & any events @ Queens park Oval or the Savannah. Both places 2min walk. I strongly suggest you choose these guys if your staying in Port of Spain.
And if you read this List, Thank you again for the lifts & all the help! See ASAP!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank JBlaze81
Reviewed 20 February 2013

- perfect location for Carnival activities (at a walking distance; safe)
- service was outstanding, all the time
- room (incl kitchen and bathroom) were very clean
- you just got everything you need to feel comfortable

I highly recommend it & certainly will go back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gerianne C
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed in the Little Inn for three nights in mid November when I unexpectedly had to move out of my place and find a new place to stay. Liszt was so helpful and attentive, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. He was also very understanding and accepting of my situation.

The guest house is a family-run organisation and very well maintained. The location is great, right by the Queens Park Savannah and 2min from where you get the taxis into Port of Spain or over to St. James. The Avenue is within walking distance. There is also a HiLo within 5-7min from the guest house and you'll find banks and coffee shops too.

My room was absolutely great, I had a bedroom/living room area, a bathroom for myself and even a small kitchen area with a working fridge and electric kettle. There was a lot of space for clothes and other things and even a working TV with cable. WiFi works perfectly and on top of it all the place feels and really is very safe.

I'm extremely grateful to Liszt and his family and can only recommend this place to anyone who's planning on going to Port of Spain. I'd stay there again myself any time, no hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The University of Guyana students stayed at The Little Inn in September from 19th-24th....it was the best location Picton Street everything you need around the block. The accommodation was great and comfortable rooms. I would recommend any group to stay here. Thanks Lizst

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Madonna C
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in September 2012. It's in a great location - safe area, central and very handy for the Savannah. The owners are very friendly and welcoming and even got up before 5:AM to see us off and make sure we got away ok.

We were en route to a backpacking trip round South America and couldn't find a great choice of budget accommodation in Port-of-Spain, so we were pleased that we picked The Little Inn. We stayed in the Pink Room, which was comfortable with good air con and wifi.

The only thing to remember is that it's not well signposted from the outside - no name or number - which made it a little hard to find when we first arrived.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Choccy90
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We were booked into another guest house in POS for Carnival 2011, that did not quite work out due to some customer service issues. We called every hotel and guest house within the downtown, Woodbrook, Newtown, St James, and POS areas, and of course they were all booked. We were well on our way to being homeless for carnival, or having to go down south to stay with relatives, which would have put us too far away from the carnival action in POS.

I had a friend who was staying at a guest house in Newtown who knew my dilemma. She asked the groundkeeper at her guesthouse if he knew of any guesthouses or anyone who would be willing to rent a room for carnival. He directed her to a house across the street from her guesthouse. She had found, The Little Inn.

The owner of the house had one space left which she let us see. In my desperation, the place looked just fine to me! LOL. Since she was not expecting any guest for that space, the place was not prepared. I told her it was ok, just as long as we had a bed and a shower, to which her answer was,

"No my dear... we have standards. You all WILL be comfortable".

And she wasn't kidding! She allowed us to leave our luggage there in the apartment, and told us she would call her workers, and for us to return at 7pm that evening.

We occupied ourselves by walking around Woodbrooke, POS, the Savannah, and visiting with friends. After having dinner at a nearby restaurant, we returned back to the Little Inn and boy oh boy. We were met with brand new fresh curtains at the windows. Crisp, clean, smooth, cool sheets. The apartment, complete with AC, fridge, stove, and wireless internet, was sparking clean. Mind you, this place is no big name fancy hotel, but it felt like we had returned to an aunt's nice clean home. After the stressful day we had experience, we had the best night's sleep in The Little Inn.

The Little Inn is in a perfect location. You can walk to Woodbrooke, the Savannah, Downtown, and St James, and the Oval all in a matter of minutes. There are pan yards, restaurants, shops, a pharmacy, and Ariapita Avenue action only minutes away, walking. The mas camp for my band was right around corner. When I came off the stage on carnival Tuesday, the Little Inn was just right there, minutes away. I stopped in to take a little breather, before heading back out on the road. Honestly, it just gets no better than this location wise.

The owners (a mother and son duo) are lovely and gracious people (and carnival lovers), and I will never forget their kindness. It goes without saying where I am booked for carnival 2012!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends