“Not the Hakka that you may find abroad but still good”

Hakka Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #11 of 167 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Trinidad and Tobago
“Not the Hakka that you may find abroad but still good”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I find the this restaurant used to be better when they recently opened. Service depends on the server you get. Some are really efficient but some are just typical Trini restaurant workers. I find recently, that portion sizes have decreased and food has become more greasy and gravy very thick. My favourite dish is the Star spiced pork. The sad thing is that most times it is unavailable. I dont pork is scarce!. I believe management needs to revamp the dessert section as it is just plain stuff.

Visited May 2013

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Wide selection on their menu”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I've been to Hakka once and I felt so comfortable that I didn't want to leave. The ambiance is fabulous and I enjoyed a very good meal. The decor is accommodative to private dining.

• Visited April 2013
Maraval, Trinidad
“still unsure”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

this is several times that i have gone to hakka, on business, on personal time etc. the food is good but there is something about the layout and the area is always loud and cold because of the open plan. Am i willing to keep going perhaps.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Evelyn M
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times in the past but to be honest we had stopped going because of poor service and the food took too long to arrive.

My 15 year old son chose to have his birthday dinner at Hakka restaurant. Lisa, our server made excellent recommendations on menu selection as my husband and I prefer spicy food, our teenager medium and our 10 year old, no spices whatsoever.

If it was not for our son's request to have his birthday dinner there we may not have gone back. Glad to see that there were numerous improvements in the level of service and the quality of food prepared.Our meal lived up to all of our expectations and the service was excellent.

We will definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I recently had a business lunch at this restaurant and while initially I was taken aback by the decor, I was totally overwhelmed by the service.
The customer service attendants were efficient, personable and attentive to all our needs. Although I am not a lover of Asian food, the meal was delicious and the beverages were just right for the occasion.
My one downside is the parking. I think his up and coming location needs to sort out customer parking.
This was a truly wonderful dining experience that I would recommend to anyone visiting Port of Spain or just looking for a great culinary experience.

• Visited August 2013