“Exquisite”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I've been here a few times,each time my taste buds have been wowed. Quaint little place,excellent food,very unique dishes and desserts to die for. Tenille Hepburn

1  Thank Tenille S

Reviewed 20 September 2013

i'm never disappointed going to Peche, always feels like the first time and always top quality and flavour down to the last bite or crumb. Definitely no hesitation to recommend anyone. The quality has remained the very same high standard ever since i've been buying from the Chaguanas location.
Great! Just GREAT!

1  Thank Mo M
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Even though I have been to Peche very often, I only recently discovered the raspberry bichon...if you haven't had this from peche as yet - you are missing out! Try it - not too sweet, flaky, massive (it's practically a meal) and it melts in your mouth! Peche - surely you have perfected the art of pastry!

1  Thank Ms_Smith82
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I am a repeat customer to the Port of Spain location . Location setting is relaxed, light, comfortable and decor tasteful.
The service was nice and friendly, but can improve on organization (friendliness with customers sometimes lead to forgetting part of ones order or request) .
The food and desserts were nicely presented to please the eye and taste buds and I was not disappointed.
Overall, an enjoyable experience when you aren't in a rush and want to feel relaxed.

1  Thank Fran P
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was extremely excited to dine in for the first time at Peche Patissire POS branch since I have been a customer at the Lange Park chaguanas location on previous occasions and have indulged in their desserts and breads.

Firstly, the positives. The food was excellent. There was no problem with taste or portion sizes. It truly was a treat and clearly the chef has a very strong talent for the culinary arts. I had the seared chicken with tikka masala and chai basmati rice. However, I have to let you know that my experience, aside from the food, was much less than desirable.

I found that the service at the restaurant was very unprofessional. We got to the restaurant at 1pm, the time of our reservation (which was made 6 days before)yet there was no table reserved for us. We ended up having to sit in a very cramped corner of your establishment where I was unable to move freely. In addition, there were too many waiters serving my friend and I, and it seems that communication between them was far from efficient.
It took 30 mins for our orders to be taken, and for over an hour from that, we had to fight to get the waiters attention and we were not able to find out the status of our meal. It was only when we asked the waiter if they have bread baskets since we were starving (he seemed not to be able to understand English very well) that the chef came over and offered us a cheese spread . The cheese platter was greatly appreciated.
In addition, we still didn't get our food until 2 hours after we arrived at the restaurant ( i.e. at 3pm). The chef mentioned to me that he had a party of 28? who dined at the establishment earlier that day and that he had events to cater for as well and that things were a bit hectic and crazy in the kitchen. It;s great that those people were able to have a great time but I felt we should not have been made to suffer because of that. Especially as other patrons who arrived after us were able to receive their dishes before us. This is unacceptable. I believe I don't need to outline why that is.

when I contacted the chef via his facebook page he did not reply to my message ( which was polite and straight to the point) and instead ended up deleting me and blocking me off his Facebook page. (real mature) Clearly he shows no interest in improving and listening to his patrons complaints.

10  Thank S M