“Perfect Home Away from Home!”

Savannah Maison Guest House
Ranked #10 of 42 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Home Away from Home!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Let me start by saying, I hesitate to give this great review for fear I might not be able to book my room again for Carnival 2014!! 5 friends and I recently stayed at this beautifully maintained property during Carnival 2013. In the past four years, I've stayed at guest houses in the Belmont and St. Ann's area of POS and by far, the Savannah Maison has the most spacious rooms I've seen. We had two suites, each with kitchenettes and sizable bathrooms. The rooms are classically and simply decorated and each had a wardrobe and arm chairs. One room also had a kitchen table - which served as costume prep central. Air conditioning, great water pressure and wifi - must haves! One of the most useful features were the multitude of mirrors in each room. Each room had three - which is very helpful when 3 or 4 people (especially all women!) are staying in one room together. All amenities on the property are modern, it goes without saying rooms are very clean, and the included breakfast is excellent - a lifesaver even after those long carnival nights (mornings?!). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful; really lovely people all-around, from the owner to the house staff. There were minor issues with internet connectivity and water service during our stay - both one-off occurrences I'm sure - and in the Caribbean, this is to be expected. The location is very secure (high gates, buzz in and out) and walkable from the Savannah. For price, space (a huge need during carnival when you're traveling with a ton of stuff and large costumes) and service, this is really very difficult to beat. I'll be back for 2014!

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor seemed to have the best wifi service!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ari-Ankh-Neferet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed at the Savannah Maison with a few of my friends for Carnival and it was a great experience. We had home cooked breakfast meals every morning. The rooms included free wi-fi. Really spacious rooms and accommodations. What we appreciated most was the staff! Their warm friendly faces wished us a good morning every day and welcomed us home in the evenings. The location is right off the Savannah so it was easy to get to all the fetes in the area and walk home in the evenings after Monday and Tuesday Mas.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kim W
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I immediately felt at home once I checked into the Savanah Mason. I was very impressed by how concerned all the staff were about our stay there as well as our experience in Trinidad. The room was extremely clean and I truly valued the breakfast! My only complaint was there was no wifi in my room although the site indicated there would be. Aside, from that, I would certainly stay there again and reccommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank BAJAN28
Tobago
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in August. The rooms were clean and spacious, with a mature and competent staff. I will recommend this place for anyone looking for a clean, affordable and secure accomodation around Port of Spain. The only setback is that I was unable to get internet access in my room. Maybe this is something that can be addressed by management especially for buisness travellers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mich203
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed 6 September 2012

It was hard to leave the Savannah Maison! I had the opportunity to stay at the Savannah Maison for two weeks this summer and it was AWESOME! They have spacious and clean rooms. Breakfast was great! The staff is the BEST!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Gloria M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stay there during carnival they have great accommodation and very clean and pleasant staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank msb87
Bridgetown
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Have been to Trinidad several times and this is the best place I ever stayed. Excellent accommodation, excellent service and ideal location. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and breakfast is great

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple