Savannah Maison Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Carlton Savannah(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Copper Kettle Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
Alicia's Palace(Port of Spain)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Greetings from Toronto, I stayed at the Savannah Maison in room 12 from Feb 6th - Feb 15th for Carnival. The location is central to everything, we felt safe at all times. The rooms were very clean and well sized for my group of 4. Having a homemade delicious breakfast every morning was so refreshing. Joan the owner was very pleasant, all the staff were so accomodating and friendly, I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: note this location only has limited rooms, so book early in order to avoid disappointment
2  Thank snc75
Reviewed 21 February 2013

From the 1st day till the last day we were happy with the stay....each day served with delicious breakfast.....with a clean room not even to be asked the staff are the best.The area is known to be the best area but once you walked through the gates you felt safe and secure with the staff around.....thank you so much will defiantly recommend Savannah Maison Guest House to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank triniancilla
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Let me start by saying, I hesitate to give this great review for fear I might not be able to book my room again for Carnival 2014!! 5 friends and I recently stayed at this beautifully maintained property during Carnival 2013. In the past four years, I've stayed at guest houses in the Belmont and St. Ann's area of POS and by far, the Savannah Maison has the most spacious rooms I've seen. We had two suites, each with kitchenettes and sizable bathrooms. The rooms are classically and simply decorated and each had a wardrobe and arm chairs. One room also had a kitchen table - which served as costume prep central. Air conditioning, great water pressure and wifi - must haves! One of the most useful features were the multitude of mirrors in each room. Each room had three - which is very helpful when 3 or 4 people (especially all women!) are staying in one room together. All amenities on the property are modern, it goes without saying rooms are very clean, and the included breakfast is excellent - a lifesaver even after those long carnival nights (mornings?!). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful; really lovely people all-around, from the owner to the house staff. There were minor issues with internet connectivity and water service during our stay - both one-off occurrences I'm sure - and in the Caribbean, this is to be expected. The location is very secure (high gates, buzz in and out) and walkable from the Savannah. For price, space (a huge need during carnival when you're traveling with a ton of stuff and large costumes) and service, this is really very difficult to beat. I'll be back for 2014!

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor seemed to have the best wifi service!
3  Thank Ari-Ankh-Neferet
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed at the Savannah Maison with a few of my friends for Carnival and it was a great experience. We had home cooked breakfast meals every morning. The rooms included free wi-fi. Really spacious rooms and accommodations. What we appreciated most was the staff! Their warm friendly faces wished us a good morning every day and welcomed us home in the evenings. The location is right off the Savannah so it was easy to get to all the fetes in the area and walk home in the evenings after Monday and Tuesday Mas.

3  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I immediately felt at home once I checked into the Savanah Mason. I was very impressed by how concerned all the staff were about our stay there as well as our experience in Trinidad. The room was extremely clean and I truly valued the breakfast! My only complaint was there was no wifi in my room although the site indicated there would be. Aside, from that, I would certainly stay there again and reccommend to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012