“Very noisy” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Sportel Inn

Le Sportel Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
Le Sportel Inn
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
York, United Kingdom
“Very noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

We stayed here because it was near the home of the family we were visiting. Anyone considering staying here in the near future should be aware that there is construction work going on which involves a lot of noise beginning at 7.30am and going on all day. Hopefully in the long term it will be worth it as they are upgrading the facility. Rooms very basic but quite comfortable, with TV, aircon and en suite bathroom. No mini bar, just a drinks machine in the corridor. Breakfast was OK but on our second morning they had run out of most things and we had to wait ages for some eggs to be cooked. Another point to take into consideration is that during the month of July graduation parties are taking place which involve loud music until midnight. Our windows and doors were vibrating with the noise.This venue is really ideal for large groups of young people such as sports teams but not so good for families, couples or singles who want a quiet place to relax. Not much to do in the immediate vicinity.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Noise from late parties and early morning construction work
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicetogotravelling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Barbados
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2008

Barbadian
My daughter and I stay at the Inn and we both enjoyed it. I have stayed in some of the five and six star place which are no better than the Inn. The room are neat and tidy,most tof the staff are freindly. The location is excellent, away from the hustle and bustle
of Port of Spain. I have since return there for the second time,and two weeks ago I took a group to T&T and stayed at there other place Emerald Plaza, which is also quite good. I would certainly reccommend both places to friends and family

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2008

I recently stayed at the motel. I would admit that it was not luxury
accomodation. The management can easily make significant
improvements by replacing the faded linen, install some quality
artwork, replace the faded pool table, add some upscale furniture etc. An experienced interior decorator could do wonders for it.

However, the basic infrastructure was good. It had adequate parking, it was in a secure facility, in close proximity to the highway and a great shopping mall (Trincity). Having the complimentary breakfast was also a plus.

Compared with the overpriced accomodations around Port of Spain, which could be twice as much as this facility, a budget conscious visitor could enjoy this motel, if you can overlook the above short comings. The food at the Trincity Mall food court, which is 5 mins. away, is also excellent at a reasonable price.

• Liked — Location and security
  • Disliked — faded linen
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank trini_in_MD
New Jersy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2007

This inn is a total dive! Stayed for 6 nights with a sports team. The room was dirty, had little ants running around and the shower did not function correctly. Water pressure was so low, one had to collect water in a cup to rinse off. The linens appeared to be extremely worn. I went out and bought my own pillow. Did not want to chance putting my head on the existing pillow. My AC was not working properly so the maintenance crew power washed the unit. Water was splashed all over the floor and walls. Dirty water was also dripping down on the corner of my bed for two to three days after the cleaning. The inn also has outdoor receptions facilities where they let bands and DJs play to midnight with music blasting! They have a small cafeteria set-up to serve breakfast and lunch (No dinners). The food was that of trinidad and not very appealing. The overall decor of the room was something from the 70s with respect to colors and style. This inn is about 1 step above camping outdoors. The room did have a TV set where one could get typical channels as that found in the US (only bright spot). Heed this warning, DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Total Dive
  • Stayed June 2007
2 Thank garyb126

Travellers are raving about these Port of Spain hotels

Jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2007

I stayed at the Le Sportel INN for 6 nights in May 2007. I saw the 2 previous bad feedback and was overly cautious about the facility. I paid US$70 per night and it came with complimentary breakfast. Breakfast is ready by 7:30 a.m., I had to go to the front desk for a voucher and take it to the restaurant "Plat du Jour" which is situated in the hotel lobby.

Firstly, it is an INN not a hotel, so that alerted me that the facility could not be able to compare to the Hilton, the Crown Plaza or any other facility with star(s) rating ie. 1-star, 2 stars etc.

I was quite pleased with the exterior of the facility, it forms part of the Centre of Excellence with other facilities such as meeting rooms, conference facilities, there was also a Garden of Sanctuary (I never got the chance to see what was there). There was a Swimming pool at the immediate right of the Inn, I never used the facility. I was able to check my emails at their business center (3 computers in a room) daily.

The room that was assigned to me was clean. But I note that the bed linens weren't changed while I was there. There was fresh towels placed in the bathroom after 3 days, and the tissue supply was replenished. The room was painted in light yellow with sunny type curtains. There was cable TV as well as an air condition unit. The bathroom was clean, I noted however, that there was a rust mark inside the bowl.

My room was on the second level and the walls when all the way up, in fact I had made sure to request a room with the walls all the way up. I was placed near to the internet center.

The staff that I came in contact with were friendly and responsive to my queries.

• Liked — the staff were responsive to my queries and they acknowledged me by name
  • Disliked — that the bed linens werent changed during the 6 nights
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bashment
Caribbean
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2006

This is the worse hotel ever. More like an overpriced dorm-room. The walls in the room do not go right up to the ceiling so you hear everything your neighbours are doing or saying. The bathrooms are horrible and filthy and the a/c and sheets smell moldy. When we arrived the maids were lying across our beds watching television. This place is a terrible place to stay. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
7 Thank the_traveller06
england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2006

it was one of the worst experience I ever had staying at a hotel. My room was very simple, the bathroom toliet back up, some of the staff was very rude. I will never stay there again. It is the worst.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — the whole place
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay at this hotel