“Great Location and Price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tony's Guest House

Tony's Guest House
Ranked #11 of 43 Port of Spain B&B and Inns
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Great Location and Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I visited T&T for 2 weeks in April and May 2013 to do a solo backpack trip. I stayed a few nights in Port of Spain at another guest house when I first arrived. It was almost twice the cost of Tony's Guest House. After locating Tony's Guesthouse, they came and picked me up from my another location at a nominal fare. The location where I stayed at Tony's was immediately next to bus stops. The "taxi" fees in T&T are very cheap once you learn the system. Tony's provided a clean room, good water pressure, and cable television. The room I was in was farthest from the wireless internet, so I had a hard time connecting. That is really my only complaint. I would recommend this to anyone staying in or around PoS. The taxi ride to PoS from his locations was maybe 10-15 minutes, but well worth it when interacting with locals and learning the transportation system for the rest of your trip (i.e., how to point in right direction with correct finger to indicate where you are going along with whether to use a taxi, bus, etc.).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Justin K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

It is Tony's ancestral home. It is old and he keeps it very clean. However, some stains are too old to get rid of. If you are looking for luxury, it is not your place. If you are looking for a reasonably priced place in POS with airport pick up and drop off for US$35 each way no matter what time of the day and night it is, with clean room, a well equipped kitchen, and a super friendly, helpful owner who gives a free tour of the city in the evening in his van, it is your place. My husband was sick when we reached there. I needed to buy some food for me and for him. Tony drove me around all over so that I can buy fruit, ginger ale, cooked starchy vegetables for my husband and other kind of food for me. When I did not have local currency, he paid for the items and I paid him back once we returned at the guest house. He treated us like his own family members. The evening city tour was fabulous. Internet was good as well. When we reached, our room was air conditioned fully. Although the hot water was not available in our bathroom, it did not really matter. It was very comfortable for my husband to lie down and fall asleep right away. Because of Tony's care he recovered by the evening time and took the tour with me in Tony's van. Thank you Tony for everything you have done for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Purobi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I like to stay at tony's guesthouse becaue it's nice and the rooms are clean also I like where it's.s I would go back and stay there anytime I go to trinidad I will tell all my friends that want some where to stay in trinidad about tony's guesthouse and the price is good.I stay in room 2 it was small but I like it because it was me alone I got time to rest my body with douth nobody trouble me.and tony's is a nice man he will do anything for u if he have the time also he is friendly.so all that is why I would stay at tony's guesthouse again and again

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank nigelwalter
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Tony is who makes "tonys guesthouse" a wonderful experience. He is a social butterfly with tons of information about Trinidad, his personal travels and his favorite local spots. But he is also interested in your culture and your questions also. Tony went out of his way to drop my cousin and I places that we had a hard time getting to, he even invited us for a night out to experience some of Trinidad night life. The rooms are clean, simple, comfortable, you get exactly what you pay for. I plan to stay here on all my travels to Trinidad.

Room Tip: Room 6 was an excellent room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bajanguy2012
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Tony's is a great place for a traveler on a budget who is looking for a simple place to stay. Tony (the owner) is a great guy who is willing to go out of his way to make sure you are comfortable. There is nothing extravagant about the place, but it is quiet, nice, and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Teja S
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Tony's guesthouse has probably the best service in Trinidad/Tobago. Anthony is very helpful! For us he organised taxis early in the morning, once to the ferry, and once for the airport. We arrived at boxingday, and almost everything was closed, but he drove us around town, just to find a place where we could buy some food. He is the friendship himself. The rooms are simple, but they are clean, and got what you need.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lovisa E
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Room Tip: room 3 was nice and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
#25 of 43 in Port of Spain
D'Lime Inn
D'Lime Inn
#1 of 3 in Diego Martin

Been to Tony's Guest House? Share your experiences!