“Okay, but . . .”

Sundeck Suites
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
“Okay, but . . .”
Reviewed 14 September 2004

I stayed at the Sundeck Suites in August 2004. I was in Trinidad visiting family and wanted to "hang out" in Town (Port of Spain), so i stayed a 3 day weekend.

The location is ideal, within walking distance of my favorite hangout, Jenny's on the Boulevard. The place is clean, the staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable except for one thing, the mattresses are miserably uncomfortable. The beds are twin size, which is not a problem, but the mattresses are foam and not a high density foam either. The mattress rests on wooden slats that I felt no matter which way I tossed and turned. I was in pain by the end of the 3 nights.

I think that because the place is a hotel, they should invest in the comfort of the guests and change to innerspring mattresses. Foam is not suitable for a mattress that gets everyday use. My sofabed at home is more comfortable.

However, I would stay there again, because the actual room, etc. is a good value for the price, and as I said it was clean and well kept. I would walk with my twin size Aerobed to put on top of the existing foam mattress though.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 24 April 2004

We were a group of 9 young persons on our first visit to Port-of-Spain Trinidad.
Having found Sundeck Suites on the Internet,I decided to give them a try.However I told them we would be overnighting,and possibly saty on depending on our flight time to Tobago.
It was a decision we did not regret.
The room was immaculate. Apparently,the floor tiles were new and we even had a microwave in our kitchene area.
The staff were ver helpful and most friendly.. the caribbean flavour was quite otstanding.
We stayed 8 nights and even negotiated a special rate since it was many of us,and we our stay was vey lon.
Trinidad...Sundeck Suites....Look ou for us in May 2005.Actually I made a deposit and will beef up pland when we have decided on our actual dates.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2004

A group of us visited Trinidad and Tobago for a family reunion for the Christmas/New Year holidays. It was great to be in a warm country smack in the middle of a Canadian winter. We enjoyed the hospitality of the people of Trinidad and Tobago. This is a special time of year to visit in that everyone is in a party mode. I also learned that Trinidadians are always in a party mode. I enjoyed tasting the cosmopolitan cuisine. There are many excellent restaurants in Port of Spain. One major problem was finding suitable accommodation. The Sundeck Suites clearly does not live up to its promotional material. It is better to go to one of the larger hotels. The Hilton hotel had a special Christmas package which was well within the budget for comfort and a high level of service. Tobago is idyllic -- a good place to visit.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Sundeck Suites? Share your experiences!