“Down the Islands”

Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Down the Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you're looking for a professionally organized, detailed, and FUN sightseeing tour in Trinidad, I *must* recommend Gail. On relatively short notice (~3 days), Gail was able to put together a Down the Islands tour for me and my family that was meticulously planned in every day, down to the individually packaged lunches. I'd actually contacted several tour operators to plan the excursion, and Gail was the *only* one who responded promptly and worked with me to create a personalized itinerary with flexible pricing. She is knowledgeable, professional, and, above all, very friendly and easy to work with. Do yourself a favor and give her a call the next time you're in sweet T&T.

4 Thank Colin H

Trinidad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My brother visited home from CT and arranged a DDI tour with Gail. I should point out that she was the only operator that 1. returned his email and 2. negotiated and made an effort to accommodate his needs. That professionalism continued throughout our interaction with Gail - from the warm greeting at the dock, to the carefully packed lunches and snacks, to the call at the end to ensure everyone had a great trip. In a country where customer service is a rare priority, Gail is a real treasure. I would recommend her to anyone, especially first-timers!

3 Thank Colette H
Toronto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Trip to Gasparee Caves Carnival Saturday 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My cousins Wendy and Lois arranged the tour with Gail in Trinidad. I and other visitors arrived in Trinidad and experienced the thrill of a lifetime. When Gail met us in Chaguaramas that Saturday morning, you would swear we were friends for years!! The warm, friendly welcome we will never forget. She introduced her assistant, a photographer and our tour guide Wendell. We started out by having a FULL breakfast at Crew's Inn that was just delicious. As a born Trinidadian, I was reminded of the many different foods that are available in my birth country. The guests from the US were having some of the foods for the first time. We then took a boat trip (with the latest Music) to Gasparee Island (no one got sick!! :) ). Wendell, our tour Guide was the best, he reminded us of the many stories told by our Grandparents back when we were all younger and of course gave us the tour of the amazing Gasparee Caves. The foreigners in our group were stunned at the beauty and we Trinidadians were in just awe. Following the tour of the caves we headed off to Monos Island for lunch. Well, that was a banquet rather than lunch, it included food, a full bar, music and a surprise showing of Calypsonian Doppy and his 'tin cans' pannist friend (ooppss fon't remember his name). Gail certainly out did herself here as we swam and had food and danced to DJ music. The servers and bartenders were all friendly and courteous and enjoyed looking at us having fun. It so happened that it was my Birthday, needless to say everyone sang happy birthday to me and as there were no candles available, Gail used a lighter as a candle on a cupcake!!! Nice touch Gail. The rain came with much blessings, but all in all we had a FANTABULOUS day and we would do it all over again with Gail's Exclusive Tours.......Thank you Gail, you're the best.

3 Thank TrinCanVal
Phoenix
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Gail arranged a small group tour for us on our one day cruise stop. She met us at the port with a warm greeting that felt as if we were old friends. From then on we were in good professional hands. We hiked to the waterfalls with our wonderful guide who helped us out in the rough spots and aided me thru the falls. He carried safety equipment which put me at ease.
Definitely eat the shark bite, it's yummy!!!
All in all it was a wonderful day. You can count on Gail to plan your next tour!!!

Visited February 2014
Toronto, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Top notch service and great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We are so happy with the trip that Gail organized for our family. From the moment she greeted us with a warm hug when we walked off the cruise ship, we knew that we were going to be in great hands.

We saw so many of the Port of Spain sights. The kids loved jumping the waves at Maracas Bay. A tasty shark and bake was delicious to try right after our swim.

Gail customized our trip and arranged for an unforgettable trip to a mad camp where we were able to get some souvenir carnival hats for the kids.

We had a wonderful experience and can't wait to go back to visit Gail on the future.