“Oh oh oh! Aioli!”
Review of Aioli

Aioli
Ranked #2 of 174 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Helmed by Executive Chef Johnny Aboud, Aioli offers a Mediterranean inspired-menu for lunch, tapas and dinner in a beautiful, inviting setting. Chef Aboud trained at the Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi in Paris, the Lincoln Culinary Institute and the Florida Culinary Institute. With his team, he strives to bring out the best in carefully chosen ingredients, turning the cacophony into a wonderful symphony of flavor. We invite you to come taste the daring efforts of this young chef as he makes his mark in Trinidad & Tobago!
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently dined at Aioli with my boyfriend for the first time. The refined and modern design was immediately striking as we entered. Stellar service and elegant meals seem to be the cornerstone of this restaurant. The attentive wait staff only serve to complement the incredible culinary journey upon which we embarked. We started with the lobster bites which were cooked to golden brown perfection.

Presentation is everything at Aioli. The plating of the main courses made it almost a travesty to devour the meal. As seafood lovers, we opted for the truffle lobster pasta and the pan seared snapper, both of which were a delight to the palate. The wine selection is extensive and can almost be intimidating but with the guidance of our waiter, we selected a wine that was a delicious pairing with our meal. The nutella crème brulee made a properly sweet finish.

Attention to detail is a common denominator at this restaurant- attention to design, to the customer, to the service and most importantly to the meal! This is definitely not my last visit to Aioli.

1  Thank Atiya C

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I dined at Aioli with my colleagues on our first night out in Trinidad and we were very pleased. I had the mussels to start which were very good in a spicy broth. I ordered the clam and chorizo pasta for dinner and it was delicious. Our waitress as well as our maître de were extremely personable and treated us amazingly even though we were obviously tourists and came in 5 minutes before they opened. I was the most impressed when the owner/executive chef came to talk to us and after telling us all about his background and inspiration, was very gracious when my coworker asked him (instead of our maître de) to call us a taxi. Exemplary customer service all the way around!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Would go back here just to have the mussels again
Was the best part about my meal here
Full plate of mussels plus the sauce was amazing
Steak was a bit bland but okay
Service is excellent also

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was my first visit to Aioli to celebrate my birthday and I have to say I was impressed! Firstly, the location of this restaurant is quite unusually, but don't let that surprise you. Once you ascend the staircase you are instantly transported to a culinary heaven. The layout is quite intimate and cozy, yet modern in its aesthetic.
The menu is quite varied and has many dynamic flavour parings to choose from. The wine list had good choices and you can observe your waiter getting your selection in the overhead glass wine cellar.
The food was divine...the duck breast was cooked perfectly! Their rich and velvety signature truffle nutella creme brulee was the 'icing on the cake'.
The wait staff was quite attentive and the atmosphere was bubbly. I look forward to my next visit there ;)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

One of the best dining experiences I've had in Trinidad. I had dinner here for my 24th birthday and I must say the food, staff and ambience was exceptional!