“Simply Amazing!”
Review of Aioli

Aioli
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Helmed by Executive Chef Johnny Aboud, Aioli offers a Mediterranean inspired-menu for lunch, tapas and dinner in a beautiful, inviting setting. Chef Aboud trained at the Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi in Paris, the Lincoln Culinary Institute and the Florida Culinary Institute. With his team, he strives to bring out the best in carefully chosen ingredients, turning the cacophony into a wonderful symphony of flavor. We invite you to come taste the daring efforts of this young chef as he makes his mark in Trinidad & Tobago!
washington d.c.
“Simply Amazing!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

While visiting Trinidad during July 4th weekend, my husband researched top restaurants and this one came up. We decided to go without any reservations..all 10 of us, adults and children! Let me begin by saying just how wonderful the staff was in accommodating us at the last minute on a Saturday night! The restaurant is beautifully furnished and done with very high end furniture and decor. We are foodies and have been to some of the best restaurants in many countries. This was right up there! The food was just decadent and the service-IMPECCABLE! I have never encountered staff that is truly paying attention to every detail. The chef is very knowledgeable and we enjoyed conversing with him and learning of his culinary background. The cocktails were wonderful. The best part of the menu is the Roasted Marrow Bones! Must have! This is a wonderful little gem in Trinidad and we really enjoyed our evening there!

Trinidad and Tobago
“Lovely”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My brother and I had dinner here as a sort of reunion/belated birthday dinner. Service was excellent. The lobster pasta was great! We also tried the duck. The sauce was the best thing in the world! Overall ambiance was very nice: low lighting, candles, rich and deep colors. Looking forward to my next visit!

Miami, Florida
“"the cherry on top of the cake"”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

For our weekend get away a friend of us took us to dinner on Friday night to this magnificent restaurant. Not only the mood was great, but also the service and of course the food. We liked it so much that we had to go again the last night of our stay.
The first night, we had as a main course the duck breast, the filet mignon, and the lamb. Every single dish was cooked to perfection. Also, the selection of wines is exquisite, and it compliments the food greatly. For dessert we tried the Napoleon which is amazing, soft, creamy, crunchy, not too sweet, just on point.
For our last night in town, we had to go back. This time, just the two of us. As soon as you walk in, the staff make you feel special in every sense. From the host, to the manager, to the server, and even the chef himself. We desided to try small plates (tapas) this time around, and we were amazed because each dish was better than the previous one. A must have is the "Jamon iberico" with "queso manchego" which feels like it melts in your mouth. Other amazing dishes that we loved and can't even describe how amazing they taste are the spicy oyster shooters, the prosciutto wrapped scallops (one of my fav), and smoked salmon. For main course, we went with the chef's recommendation, the special of the day a Scallop Risotto, and the sea bass. The food again was delightful, and the experience of having the def coming around to serve you and guide you through your meal is just amazing. To finish, we gave in to the deliciousnes of the truffle Nutella creme brûlée.
This restaurant is a must. Can't wait to go back. Definitely, one of the best restaurant we have been.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great Ambience & Tiny portions”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The service was good. The food was nice but not remotely satisfying portion wise. I had the Duck Breast as my entree which was minuscule. They really need to increase the portion sizes of the side dishes at the very least. The wines and cocktails were nicely complimentary to the menu. The place truly has a fine dining decor. Not a regrettable experience.

• Visited October 2013
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“By far my favourite restaurant in the world.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I would highly recommend this 5 star, classy, well decorated and sophisticated restaurant to anyone who wants a taste of the world's BEST fine dining experience- found right here in Trinidad.
You are greeted warmly by an ensemble of candles that create an exceptional ambience. The staff are so well trained that they make you feel red carpet deserved; they are attentive and efficient.
The food is completely delectable and luscious. The handsome chef certainly knows what he is doing and is certainly the most remarkable and well read chef I've ever met- he knows the chemistry of food and what drinks pair well with it.
Being a well travelled individual, it is my opinion that the food is the perfect fusion of many regions.
My top four recommendations are
(1) the Napoleon- Aioli's signature dessert and my gosh it is what it lives up to;
(2) the the lamb dish- perfect Moroccan fusion;
(3) the Blue Moon drink- how innovative- ladies, it's not too sweet nor too dry- perfect ladies drink!; and
(4) the Lamb meatballs- that spicy marinara sauce compliments the succulent meatballs perfectly.

Aioli is perfect for any occasion and is my first choice for dining out- try it!

• Visited March 2014