“Aioli is the definition of fine dining”
Review of Aioli

Aioli
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Port of Spain
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Helmed by Executive Chef Johnny Aboud, Aioli offers a Mediterranean inspired-menu for lunch, tapas and dinner in a beautiful, inviting setting. Chef Aboud trained at the Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi in Paris, the Lincoln Culinary Institute and the Florida Culinary Institute. With his team, he strives to bring out the best in carefully chosen ingredients, turning the cacophony into a wonderful symphony of flavor. We invite you to come taste the daring efforts of this young chef as he makes his mark in Trinidad & Tobago!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Aioli is the definition of fine dining”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I took my wife here for our anniversary and was blown away by how great the food was. Normally its the ambiance and service provided by a restaurant that stays with you, but Aioli's cuisine has left me salivating and anticipating my next visit. I had the Pasta di Funghi (Pasta with wild mushrooms) which was as good as anything you can find in Tuscany and Florence. My wife had the truffle lobster pasta, and tho I like my lobster whole, I loved it and regretted I didnt order it for myself.

I can tell you about the staff and the environment, but it would not matter. The food is so good all else would be excused. Thankfully the restaurant excels in service and presentation.

Do yourself a favor and try their napoleon for dessert. Though it is thinner than most mille fleur dishes, it is one of the best desserts I've ever had.

9/10, only because perfection does not exist

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Yohan R

“First class restaurant”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

By far the best 5 star dining in Trinidad , service and staff is unbelievable , well trained on everything on the menue and behind the bar . They make you feel very comfortable and relaxed in style . The food has blown us away every time , cooked to perfection without a doubt. My advice is to try everything that is on the menue each time you go, you will not be disappointed .

• Visited August 2014
“Experience”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

What can I say. Aioli is not my type of Restaurant but it is really really well done. The space itself is far too busy and too noisy (we were there on a 70% full night) for a business dinner. As a bistro, which the waiter called it, it is great.

The food is very creative and there is a very good young chef who came to the table. The entrees were quite good but could not touch the dessert. The steak was good but the blue cheese base was overpowering. my colleague had the pork belly dish that he said was tasty. The service was decent and the frequent follow ups, though much, were keeping with Trinidad service.

The Napoleon dessert is a must, as the chef said they are made fresh to order everyday. Almost four stars, but not quite yet

Visited June 2014
1 Thank mikey_8762
AioliTrinidad, Public Relations Manager at Aioli, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I am sorry that your experience at Aioli was particularly noisy.

We strive to achieve the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality at the restaurant. However, unfortunately on the evening you dined with us there was a particularly large group having an impromptu gathering in our bar area, rendering the entire restaurant noisier than usual.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I really can understand your disappointment. Your comments will be shared with our team and I hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Aioli.

Warmest regards,

Michael Abraham
Trinidad
“One to Look Out For!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My girlfriend and I usually do casual dining throughout the year. For her birthday I decided to carry her somewhere special, so I went to TriniChow and decided to give Aioli a try. We were definitely not disappointed.
We had the wild mushroom soup as an appetizer....WOW! It was a splendid shock to the taste buds, especially since we didn't usually try soups. However the flavour becomes overpowering about halfway through. Our main course were equally delectable. Her favourite dish was dessert...the look on her face when she had that Napoleon was pure ecstasy . She definitely didn't miss having cake. They definitely know how to do desserts.
The ambiance was nice and cozy. Our waiter was extremely friendly and helpful.His choice and knowledge on wines made the night even better. Even the chef took time to greet every table! It truly was a beautiful experience.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures though.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food and service!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here by having lunch. Every course we had was delicious. The desserts were to die for especially the chocolate mousse (it's a must try!). Not only was the food great but the service was excellent. Our waiter, Ricardo was excellent. He made sure we were comfortable and had an enjoyable lunch. It's been a while since we went out and had the best of both worlds. Really good service and tasty food. Keep up the great work guys!!!

• Visited July 2014