“Another classic Courtyard experience”

Courtyard Port of Spain
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 18 September 2013

A classic Courtyard experience - very well organised, clean and friendly, equipped with the new-style brightly coloured multi-functional lobby with bar, breakfast and restaurant. The location is great if you need to be in Port of Spain as it is just off the major Churchill-Roosevelt Highway and very close to downtown and the famous Ariapita Avenue which is full of restaurants. I would not personally recommend walking between the hotel and Ariapita. The hotel has a transportation stand which is very useful for arranging taxis in the evening and the fare was about TT$150 each way.

The hotel is on a separate property adjacent to a very busy MovieTown complex of restaurants and shops within two-three minutes walk. That provided a decent breakfast and another dinner alternative to us. The room was very quiet and we enjoyed good sleep for the three nights we were here.

If you are going to Trinidad, there are three world-class activities for tourists: the turtle nesting at Grande Riviere, the roosting of Scarlet Ibis at the Caroni Swamp and the birdwatching balcony at the Asa-Wright bird sanctuary. Each of them was absolutely incredible and very highly recommended, really not to be missed, if you are on the island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1bar2far

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The rooms are very nice and big! The bed was awesome and the pillows made for a good sleep. There is a mall about a 5 minute walk away with a Ruby Tuesdays on the second floor. The prices in the store are very reasonable

Room Tip: Try to get the breakfast included in the price
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This was by far one of the best hotels I have ever been to. I loved it so so so much. The rooms the staff the food the location. It was amazing. My husband and I decided to celebrate our first wedding anniversary here. We didn't regret it. The staff is so well trained and professional in what they do. The breakfast was great too. I love the location since it is so close to movie towne and the entire plaza there. I will recommend this place to any one for any occasion. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Shellyannkanhai
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We love the marriott ! My husband and I fell in love with the marriott during our courtship in 2012, we have been to lots of hotels all over north america , but decided to spend our honeymoon right here where it all began....The front desk staff is the friendliest I have ever met , when we checked in to room 318 on the 6th September, 2013, the front desk clerk (wish I remembered her name , sorry) was just the best, such a lovely young lady. I told her it was our honey moon and she seemed genuinely pleased for us. We received wonderful service from everyone including the Centro staff, housekeeping staff and the other front desk staff . We were surprised with dessert for two in our room.
The standard of the Marriott has only gotten better, every thing was exceptional. We stayed in the executive suite with the jacuzzi ....wow the best. If I did not have another reservation that was already paid for I would have stayed another night at the Marriott .
All locals should experience five star service right here in Trinidad.
P.s. the breakfast was excellent and as a culinary instructor I should know......since my first stay I have been recommending the marriott to friends and co workers , and none of them have been disappointed, you guys really deserve an award.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mercs26
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My friend and I have stayed at this hotel on two different trips, and the front desk was always nice and helpful. The rooms were clean, the staff was nice, the pool was excellent, came back with a very healthy tan thanks to the outdoor pool section. Close to a big mall, nice bar nearby, we had just missed carnival by a week so everything was winding down.

Room Tip: ask for one with a balcony if you are higher than the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeaverBETAK
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

BeaverBETAK,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us again and we are happy that we lived up to your expectations.

We hope that you will be here with us again for Carnival 2014. Hope to see you then.

Regards,
Nicol Khelawan

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Marriott has become my go to hotel for weekend getaways with my husband. We've been to the majority of hotels in Trinidad and Marriott is the one we keep returning to.

What makes us keep choosing Marriott is the superb customer service we receive. From the front desk staff (especially Tojo), the restaurant staff (Maria) and the eurocar staff, they all ensure our stay is worthwhile. The staff is very courteous and professional. The customer service we receive is exceptional when compared to other hotels we have stayed at. The restaurant is a place we enjoy and even if we're not staying at Marriott we occasionally pop in to grab a bite whenever we can.

Thank you for the wonderful service we receive everytime! Marriott is definitely home away from home for us. We'll be staying again this weekend and we look forward to another memorable stay!

• Stayed: September 2013

Chanel 4713,

On behalf of Tojo and Maria, thank you for recognising the service they provided to you during your stay with us, your comments will be shared with them.

We hope that we can welcome you back with us soon.

Regards
Nicol Khelawan

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel's cleanliness and its friendly and efficient staff. Special mention must be made of the front desk ladies and chef Ricardo who assisted in getting my daughter to sit in the junior chef's classes having missed her session. The restaurant staff were also exceptional in the service given along with Stevie.

The hotel is ideally located within 5 mins walking distance from the Movie Towne facilities and relatively close to other shopping and entertainment areas .... West mall and Port of Spain.

Thank you for a beautiful experience, I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#4 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Courtyard Port of Spain? Share your experiences!