“Exceptional”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this Marriott from December 2 thru the 8th. My son, his wife and their 20 month old also stayed here.
I have stayed in Marriott Courtyards throughout Europe and the USA. This Courtyard was exceptional. The employees were just wonderful, caring and so eager to make our stay enjoyable. There was not one disappointing moment, except when we had to leave. Every breakfast, lunch and dinner was top quality. Jamie, Alana, Paulena and especially Pauleen went way beyond what we normally experience at Courtyards. They always had a big smile and never to busy to assist. Exceptional.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank VTDUCK
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Vtduck,

It was our pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Jamie, Amanda, Paulina and Pauline.

We wish you a happy holiday season and hope to see you again in 2014.

Nicol Khelawan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This property is located next to a very mediocre mall and is otherwise suited mostly for business travelers. Lobby is comfortable and seems remodeled in recent history. Good space for working on laptops, catching up on news and having a drink at the bar. Staff is quite professional, helpful and well- trained. If you have to be in this area rather than in the more enjoyable parts of Trinidad, it's definitely worth a look.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the front of the hotel facing the street be aware that you are directly across...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lisainthestates
Lisainthestates,

We are pleased that our lobby design and layout met your needs. Thank you for recognising the efforts of our staff.

Happy holidays from the entire team and we hope to see you again sometime in 2014.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

What a great place...I'm in a different Marriot every week due to my job, so I know how good they are, how customer focused they are but this place is incredible! Everybody is not just friendly, they actually care and they are so EFFICIENT. Definitely would go back and, saving the best for last, I want to recognize front desk person Nelinne Prosper: I think she actually reads minds and knows what you are going to ask before you do! She's amazing: Front Desk, Concierge, Travel Arranger, anything you need she's there, gets it done, and with a smile! Thanks a million Nelinne!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Joeriotta,

We really appreciate your taking time out to share your experience with us. Your recognition of Nelinne has been shared with her and she has received recognition from her peers and from other employees. We are particularly pleased that she represented our Marriott culture well.

Happy holidays from our team and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 1st Anniversary at the Marriott this weekend. We purchased the 'Romance Package' which included a three course dinner, breakfast and 2 open tickets to Movie Towne. Upon our arrival there were two other people ahead of us at the Front Desk, nonetheless a member of staff came from the back office to assist us and expedite the process. When we later got to the Front Desk we were surprised that the Front Desk agent wished us a Happy Anniversary. We were also upgraded to a suite to commemorate our occasion. Much thanks to Mr Ayow who helped us with our booking and Tojo for giving us such a pleasant welcome and surprise.This was a nice touch.

We got up to the room and were blown away by how spacious and luxurious it was. It was also extremely clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and were amazed by the variety of dinner options given the fact that we were on a package. It was also quite nice to have the dinner staff touch base with us throughout our meal. After a comfortable night's rest, breakfast was just as enjoyable and the options were all quite enticing. At each staff encounter we were also greeted with smiles and salutations.

I can definitely say that this was a lovely way to celebrate our 1st Anniversary. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. I think that this package is well put together and definitely well worth it. Thanks to each staff member for making this experience so memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicole S
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is a typical courtyard, clean, comfortable and friendly. What I like most about this hotel is the location. It is located in Movie Towne Shopping complex. There are multiple restaurants in the complex ranging from high end to fast food and in between. There are both local and American chains. The other major hotels in Port of Spain are all in locations where the only choice without traveling by car is the hotel restaurant, and none of them are good enough to be an every day diet. I can walk out the door and have anything from a great steak to a subway sandwich and remain in a totally safe area.
Of course the staff is attentive and helpful and always remember me when I come back.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies face the stadium and can be noisy during events. However I have never seen an e...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
DCSDon,

Thank you taking time to share your feedback on your experience with our staff, they will be happy to know that you appreciated their efforts.

We are happy that our location facilitated your needs well and we trust that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again some time soon.

tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was stranded in Port of Spain by a combination of Caribbean Air and United after more than a week in the jungle in Guyana. I wanted something nicer than the standard island fare; water pressure, a TV that worked, solid wifi, no bugs and pillows! The Courtyard was great, just what I expected but the staff was amazing. After being stranded at the airport and trying to deal with the staff that didn't even measure up to less than helpful, the Marriott crew was great and just the smiles I needed. Everything was top notch, nicer than many US Courtyards.

I can't imagine me ended up in POS again but if it happens, I know where I'm staying.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
MichaelN,

We are pleased that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay despite your travel experience. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We do look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon, hopefully this time on a planned visit.

Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. The length of stay was two weeks and was not disappointed once with either the room, food, or service. My room was one of cleanest if not the cleanest rooms of ANY brand of hotel I have stayed in. There was no trace of dirt or dust in the corners or bathroom. It was obvious that housekeeping did a very thorough job.

The restaurant, in addition to the "usual" fare, offered several local dishes that were excellent - even after two weeks I did not get tired of eating there. The service was the best I have experienced in any Courtyard or similar hotel class. Both Paulines (day and evening were terrific!)

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and professional. I was always greeted as I entered the lobby.

I plan on using this Courtyard whenever I travel back to Port of Spain!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (away from the main road) are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
#14 of 21 in Port of Spain
Acajou Hotel
Acajou Hotel
#1 of 2 in Grande Riviere

Been to Courtyard Port of Spain? Share your experiences!