“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice - Kathleen took care of my room very well.
The big improvement needed would be to have the same TV reception in the room as in the lobby - There is a much better channel selection in the lobby and they need to make it available in the room also.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Don H,

We thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay with us.

Kathleen takes pride in her job and endeavours every day to provide a personalized housekeeping experience, she will be recognized among her peers for your feedback.

Please know that your comment about the channel line up is a concern for us however, currently there are restrictions in place by the local cable provider. We will continue to look into it though so that we can improve the line up once the opportunity arises.

We hope to have you back with us sometime soon.

Nicol Khelawan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 6 August 2014

During the 9 days my wife and I have stayed here, we have been treated by far better than any other Marriott hotel. Extra attention given by all staff including front desk, bar, restaurant and especially by Racine who has been our house keeper, she has been wonderful. All staff have been extremely friendly, helpful and attentive. Congratulations to you Nicol Khelawan and all your staff. A wonderful stay, which I will share on trip advisor.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the front of the building may be disturbed by the main road running in front of the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil R
Phil R,

We appreciate your recognizing the efforts of our team who really are committed to ensuring our guests are satisfied during their time with us. I had the pleasure of reading your comments about Racine in the Housekeeping morning meeting, she was very appreciative of your recognition.

Our regards to your wife and we hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Gillam
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just off of the main Highway that travels to the East and West of the island and right next to a major shopping mall with multi-screen theatre and many restaurants. The Hotel has it's own restaurant which has really great food, but having it in the middle of the lobby seems too open. Okay for breakfast and Lunch, but not private enough for dinner in my opinion. The market (a micro grocery store) also provides simple snacks, drinks and basic necessities for purchase. This is super convenient and often comes in handy. The basic King bed room is nice and roomy, but wouldn't be good for more than 2 people and only small children. A microwave was free on request and was worth having. The in-room safe is a nice touch and the balcony window actually opens, so those with small children, be careful! The bathroom has a nice sink area and is a good size. The pool has a nice walk in step with hand-rail and a deep end that isn't too deep, just over 5 feet. It could use some toys or inflatables to entertain kids, but is still a decent size for families.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the highway, sports complexes and mountains is very nice. Room 430 was a good ba...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don M
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Don M,

It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we do appreciate your taking the time to share with us about your stay.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our restaurant, we do have a semi private area that offers our guests a more private dining experience. We are happy that our 24 hour Market met your needs during your time with us.

Your comments on the pool has been passed on and will attended to within the next couple of days.

Don M, we certainly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Port of Spain and we hope that you will join us for our Sunday buffet lunch.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I travel to Trinidad every five weeks fir a week. I always stay at the Marriott Courtyard, Port-of-Spain. I cannot tell you how welcoming and how hospitable the staff here is. They know me by name by trip number two and trip number 100. It doesn't matter, they always make things right. The property is good for the price - nice lobby area, nice restaurant and great bar staff. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. But what really gets me is how great this staff is all around. There has not been one time at any moment in the many years that I've been coming here that anybody has ever done anything to upset me or where I have been treated without a smile, hello,good morning or good afternoon. This makes being away from home palatable. This is a great place. It is also next-door to Movietown which houses several restaurants, a movie theater and several stores. You can walk there and feel safe at any moment. As a female traveler for business I always stay in places that make me feel comfortable and safe. This one is it.

Stayed August 2014
Sol305,

We appreciate you taking the time to share on your experience at our hotel.

Thank you recognizing our team for creating connections with you so that you are known and your preferences are remembered and catered to.

We understand that being away from home can be challenging and are truly pleased that we can make life on the road easier and safer for you as a female business traveller.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your business brings you back to Port of Spain in four weeks.

Perth
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Don't expect your room to be ready when you arrive after a long flight at 6 PM.
Don't expect laundry to be done on the weekend.
Expect them to get your order for breakfast, lunch and dinner wrong on a daily basis.
Don't expect room cleaning and towel replacement to happen before 5 PM, if at all.
Don't expect the printer in the 'business centre' to work.
Expect a 15 minute wait for coffee, longer for anything more complicated.
(Minor detail, but the South American wines at the bar are dreadful)...

....Then appreciate why Trinidad is not a major player in the world of business and commerce!

Room Tip: Try the Hyatt
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim953
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Jim953,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us.

Unfortunately, my attempts to look into your concerns were futile since we do not have any record of any of the issues you identified being reported to any of our team.

I am very interested in getting more details so that I can look into your concerns, kindly email me at cy.poscy.guestcare@courtyard.com

Nassau, Bahamas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My stay at this hotel was a six (6) day stay. All positive reviews you may have read, I totally agree with. The housekeeping staff here was amazing. My attendant was AVRIL at the hotel and the manner in which she took care of the room was amazing. It was as though she worked at the Ritz-Carlton and this was the only room she had to attend to. Everything was immaculate. TLC was clearly visible in her service. I want to thank her for that and the other staff members for making this stay unforgettable.

Room Tip: For a view of the Mountain and Stadium, room on the Fourth (4th) Floor, even numbers side, between 4...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Patrick C
GMCYPOS, General Manager at Courtyard Port of Spain, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Patrick C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate your generous comments about our housekeeping team and in particular Avril. Avril takes pride in her work and continues to exemplify Marriott’s spirit to serve.

It is music to our ears to hear that you think Avril’s work is of the standard of one of Marriott's luxury brands, Ritz Carlton. That is such a wonderful compliment. Your comments will be shared with Avril and she will be recognized for her efforts.

We do look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

In June, I had the pleasure of vacationing in Port of Spain,Trinidad (coming from Atlanta). This was my first time to this country and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Marriott Port of Spain. The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Not only were the associates accomodating, they made sure we made it to our destination safe and on time. I highly recommend staying at this property while in Trinindad. The following showed/displayed excellent customer service: Adana, Jamaal, Joleesa, Marvin, Shenice, Melisa, Pauline, Paulina and Tojo !!! I am a Marriott Rewards Member and I am proud to say this visit was second to none !!! The enitre staff deserve a RAISE !!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Walter H
Walter H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that your overall experience was an excellent one.

We are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experiences and it is encouraging to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us. Your recognition of our Front Desk and Centro staff will be shared with them.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#4 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Courtyard Port of Spain? Share your experiences!