“Great view with good service but pool lacking that extra splash”
Review of Alicia's Palace

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port of Spain
Alicia's Palace
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My bf took me to a quiet hideaway up in the hills of Lady Chancellor. Arrived on time but was disappointed as they changed our room to a 'more expensive' version or so they said. Initially my bf couldnt preview the room when booking so he never saw it in the first place but if the upgrade was anything to go by the first room must have been a matchbox! Otherwise service was great friendly staff and most times that is the highlight of a hotel experience for me. Food was passable and the scenery was magnificient. The pool needed cleaning though..had alot of kids running up n down so wasnt exactly a quiet time n some guy was talking politics at 7am! I had a pleasant time all in all and loved the zaboca and mango trees...forgot to ask if I cud have picked some :)

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony give a great viewpoint of POS and environs
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I spent last night at this hotel prior to returning to the UK. The establishment was clean and tidy. However there was no hot water available and because it is tucked away in the beautiful hills, the water that I was supposed to have a shower with was icy cold!!
The air condition began dripping water on our bed and heads and at 1am began making a loud knocking sound.and had to be switched off. Needless to say it was very uncomfortable sleeping in a hot room esp as we are not accustomed to the heat.
We did not see the point in staying and decided to check out at 8.30am earlier- than we had planned.I explained to the staff what had happened.They were apologetic.As I had paid for a service that was not provided, I expected to be partly reimbursed. They stated that they could not do this.I asked to speak to the manager but was told they on leave. I asked where I could leave feedback and was told that all reviews are done on the internet ...so here I am at 9.45am..back at relatives home and off to have a hot shower...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've just stayed at the Palace and I have nothing but superlatives for this place. It's a very spacious compound nestled on a hill in a lush green environment. From its lofty perch, the Palace has its own bus which can transport you to and from the bottom of the hill to regular transportation.
Mr. Alicia and his staff are superbly excellent attendants; they look after you. The rooms are comfortable; the pool and its environs are so clean and beautiful; the dining room and lounge area so expansive and lends itself to quiet and reflexive, relaxing contemplation or looking out at the green adjacent valley of vegetation/trees below.
I can't say enough about this place. The only negative is the breakfast menu didn't change. They need variety in the breakfast. But there was variety in the juices; mauby, grapefruit, orange juice, etc. I loved that.
All the best success to Mr. Alicia and his wonderful staff.
Rev Peterson.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pete p
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My Stay Here Was Extraordinary Customer Service Was Really Nice And I Had The Least Expensive Room And It Was Very Comfortable The Pool Is Wonderful My Only Problem Was The Breakfast Menu Never Changed Every day We Got The Same Breakfast Menu Great Stay Overall

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nicolette S
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Great for a nice get away from the city, with a fantastic view of Port of Spain, well kept rooms and good service. The Dinning room/lounge is very spacious and you have a wide variety of food to order from. We had a quiet and good time..

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Darren T
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at Alicia's Palace during Carnival 2006 and enjoyed the stay so this was the hotel I wanted to stay at on my return in June 2013.

I am delighted that I chose to stay at this hotel for the second time.

Positives:
- Charming location overlooking POS.
- Excellent for running up and down the hill.
- Wonderful home cooked food for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
- Not busy, so relaxed feel.
- Pool
- Good size room
- Pool table.
- Old, yet usable gym.
- Shuttle down or up the hill on demand.
- Close to both malls.
- Friendly staff (apart from one receptionist)
- Wifi in room
- Computer at reception

Negatives:
- No tea making facility in room.
- When internet went down, there was no back up to fix it.

I'll look forward to staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: We had a good sized room with a good view two floors above reception.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank whodeystock
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Really enjoyed staying here definitely will be going back. the food was great especially breakfast, the staff were professional and friendly.the view is breathtaking and you feel so relaxed and at peace. the rooms are just right not too much and not too little. if i had ten thumbs would definitely have put up all. love this place, a wonderful hideaway.

Room Tip: choose either the rooms that cost 484 or 584
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple