Crosswinds Villa Bed & Breakfast
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
US$175
Hotels.com
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
US$120
The Inn at 87(Port of Spain)
US$99
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$237
US$198
US$119
US$114
Travelocity
Melbourne Inn(Port of Spain)
US$72
US$54
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
US$104
Hotels.com
Tony's Guest House(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
US$66
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsgracedeborahdarlingprivacypoolsidebalcony
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed a month at this beautiful home away from home in September '12 with my bf. Was able to spend time in 2 different rooms in which one where we spent most of the time was in the deluxe king that was very spacious along with the huge bathroom. It was perfect for me and my bf. For a few days, the room was already prebooked, the lovely Grace had arranged a twin single room that was available for us with a double bed which we had appreciated. The food plentiful and was no doubt absolutely delicious!

Everyone there was very nice and helpful, always with a smile on the faces, which made my stay even more memorable and heartfelt.

Will definitely make Crosswinds my home away from home again next time I head to Trinidad :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JenJenLT
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I stayed her for a weekend in January and totally enjoyed the experience. The hosts really go the extra mile to ensure guests are comfortable and you soon start feeling that you are a part of the family. The food (breakfast and dinner) was amazing and there was lots of it as well. The pool was also very clean (no more than 5 feet deep) and a great place to unwind after driving around to Maracas beach which is only about 45mins away. The room we got upstairs was huge with a comfortable king sized bed - the only downside was that the showerhead was clogged so the spray was a bit weak. The lighting in the bathroom was also a bit dim which made it hard for my wife to put on her makeup. Apart from these minor issues however this property is a true hidden gem off the beaten path.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are of the property are further from the pool and you have to walk through the house to get to your room after bathing in the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

For my boyfriends's birthday, I planned a surprise, romantic staycation (so we'd both be close to work in the event of any emergencies). Leading up to the day, I had been in contact with Grace (who owns the property with her husband Joe). She willingly went along with my plan to execute this romantic 'covert operation'. Upon arrival, and in keeping with our discussions, Grace maintained her poise and didn't blow my cover....untill I let the "cat out of the bag" after bringing my grinning boyfriend into the property, whose regal furninshing belayed my ploy that I was visiting 'a friend'.

The initial room that they had booked for us, while quite lovely, with a massive bed and bathroom, we found to be too far from the pool, which is situated at the rear of the building, so we were given the option to change rooms. The room we chose, with two full beds, still afforded us the space to cuddle and frolic quite comfortably. The bathroom was pristine, the a/c unit silent and quite efficient and the bed MOST comfortable.

The pool, admittedly was the star attraction of the property, as Trindad's climate is really hot. While on the premises, our time was spent primarily in the cool water of the pool or in the relaxing jaccuzzi with it's pulsing waters massaging and relaxing us.

For the first time in a long time, I felt like I was on vacation, even though we remained in our home country. Grace, her husband Joe anmd their son maintained a pleasant and courteous disposition for the three day stay, and their dog....yes...there's a dog....Rocky, was playful and an welcome addition to the place, in the night when he is allowed to roam, when visitors/guests are indoors.

I was soooo impressed with the facilities that I actually found their rate of USD$100/night to be paltry in lieu of the offerings.....beautiful surroundings, peaceful environment, privacy (even though other people are around), great breakfast and an overall experience that has us planning another 'staycation' with Grace and company.....*wink wink*...yeah we're definately going back!

Also, we definately recommend visitors (locals or foreigners) to take a drive up past Maracas and enjoy the scenery.....we reached as far as Blanchisseuse....admittedly my first time up on that side of Trinidad in my 30-odd years living in sweet Trinidad, I took the liberty to include a scenic shot of Blanchisseuse in the pics I've submitted.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the property are closer to the pool if you intend to engage in a lot of sun bathing and lounging poolside
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TriniGemini
Reviewed 2 August 2011

my husband and i spent the long weekend 29th July to 1st August, the stay was the most relaxing and restful one we have ever had.
The breakfast was out of this world and dont talk about the dinner of callaloo and baked chicken.
It is a very nice place to catch up on some well deserved rest.
A heartfelt thank you to the always accommodating host.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My wife and I just returned from a week at this B&B in a town about half way between Port of Spain and Piarco International Airport. The house is lovely and has a nice-size pool in the back yard. It is set in a residential neighborhood and although there is little of interest within walking distance, we managed to find all the activity we needed via taxi or by just hanging out on the balcony or poolside.

This was our first trip to T&T and although Tobago is definitely the more touristy place, Trinidad has plenty to offer as well. We enjoyed day trips to Port of Spain, the Asa Wright Nature Center and Tobago (via the airbridge). If you are comfortable with left-side driving, you could rent a car and make yourselves more mobile. Given the narrow, winding roads, we decided early on to let others do the driving.

The best part of the inn is the host couple -- Joe and Grace. They are easygoing, hospitable and understand the right mix between meeting your needs and staying out of the way. And Grace is a superb cook! We'd recommending eating meals at home ($30 for the two of us) whenever it is convenient. Though they are natives of the island, Joe and Grace spent more than 3 decades stateside, so they are very familiar with US customs and culture.

If you are looking to stay on Trinidad as a couple, family (at least 6 rooms) or even for a business meeting, you can't go wrong staying at CrossWinds.

Room Tip: Only one king bed
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple