“Wonderful.....BUT”

Palm's Hotel Trinidad
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My family and i stood at the palms one week ago and the stay was great everything looked just as it did on the website. they were 5min from the airport, and 5min from the beautiful trincity mall which had quality restaurants, cinema, and gameroom for the kids. Housekeeping was excellent and provided 5star service. only thing missing from this hotel was a pool that would of put the icing on the cake. One problem i had was the manager kathy-ann, she did not make me feel welcomed at all, her customer service was horrible, i felt like if i had a question or even just entering the vicinity that i was bothering her. I usually stay at a 5star hotel in port of spain but this year i really wanted to save i thought the hotel was wonderful but the customer service from kathy was just horrible and unprofessional. I will definetly stay there again hopefully next time she will leave her problems at home and welcome her guest more.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa G
There are newer reviews for Palm's Hotel Trinidad

Reviewed 8 January 2009

Hotel is approx 8 minutes to the airport and ideally located for those seasoned Trinidad travelers. The courtyard is ornate with tropical foilage and the rooms are impressively clean. The "Continental Breakfast" is limited to toast, coffee, cereal, and prepackaged muffins. The staff was very polite, friendly. Although we experienced a problem with our room reservations, the staff was able to resolve the matter satisfactorally.
We would like to see more proactive security measures in place; especially at night. During our stay there was only one front desk person on staff at a time to screen individuals entering the premises. This puts both personnel and patrons at risk. I would recommend this Hotel to Business travelers and those familiar with the area and people.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2008

I stayed at the Palms Hotel for Carnival 2008. I found the hotel to be very clean, and nicely furnished. I found the beds and the room to be very comfortable. One of my concerns about staying in Trinidad was my personal safety, and the Palms staff quickly put my mind at ease. The manager (Ms. Castillo) made my stay an enjoyable one. She was very attentive to me and my friend's needs, and she was very professional and polite. I found the breakfast to be disappointing ( little to choose from). I feel like they could offer a little more, maybe some sandwiches or bagels? A pool would also be a nice idea! :) Overall the staff was polite and professional, and because of Ms.Castillo's efforts to accomodate me on my past visit. I will be sure to stay there again for Carnival 2009!( God sparing life!)

Goodz

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank soca1
Reviewed 14 July 2008

My stay here was a short one. I found the staff to be very friendly, rooms were clean, bed relatively comfortable. My main complaint is the fact that there aren,t many restaurants in the area and it seemed to be quite a bit of noise at night (loud music and tv's, slamming doors, very desruptive ). There was a Chinese restaurant and a Roti shop that can be a challenge if the stay is of any length of time. It is near the airport and would like more information on the safety of the surrounding area. (any inputs appreciated since I plan to return soon to POS).

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Pelaov
Reviewed 12 July 2008

We spent 2 comfortable and quiet nights here which was a big relief after our experience at Le Sportel Inn (see review). Everything is new and very clean. Rooms are tastefully furnished. Big beds and nice soft pillows! There are some low doorways - tall people need to take care not to bang their heads. Staff and owner very pleasant and helpful. Tea and coffee available at all times in the downstairs kitchen/garden area. Self service breakfast of bread with butter and jam, and muffins. There is also a toaster available and a microwave and fridge. We didn't venture out at night but you can phone out for pizza and KFC and they will deliver. Hotel is close to Trincity Mall and not far from the airport. A handy place to stopover for one or two nights. We found a good taxi driver who took us to the Caroni bird sanctuary and Maracas Bay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicetogotravelling
Reviewed 18 June 2008

This hotel is a very nice hotel to stay at for those who are coming from the U.S. I enjoyed my time their and the staff was very nice and made me feel welcome. One thing I do wish is that they consider having a small breakfast for their guest. The hotel room was nice and the price was affordable. I highly recommend this hotel for travelers.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank taja1125
Reviewed 11 March 2008

This hotel, close to the airport, was recommended to us by the staff of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel (when the Holiday Inn was fully booked). It's a good alternative to the Holiday Inn. Rooms are very clean. The hotel does not provide breakfast (coffee + cookies).

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain
The Normandie Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Palm's Hotel Trinidad? Share your experiences!